Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Likely Haldex pump failure on golf r

Quote Originally Posted by PeteRepeat View Post
    That is old school. They don't seem to list their number in the Web page. Well on mobile I didn't notice it. I'll call the movie shown above though
    It gets even better. That mobile number for vagparts says it's disconnected. Two emails and no reply still. Thinking going overseas may be faster

Users Country Flag
    It gets even better. That mobile number for vagparts says it's disconnected. Two emails and no reply still. Thinking going overseas may be faster

USP Motorsports
    FCP Euro
    ECS Tuning

I have purchased from all 3 of these places over the years (mostly ECS and USP). All in USA.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

So I ordered from fcp euro just now. Supposedly should have it it just under a week to a week and a half.

Shortly after placing my order, vagparts replied after a few days, but good they replied. They appologised for not keeping up with emails. Good news is that they say they are awaiting their stock from Volkswagen US so I still would have had it long after the US order I just made.. Would have preferred to order locally seeing the cost was very similar, but not prepared to wait this time.

Here's to hoping the old pump has packed it in (which seems likely) otherwise the oil change and filter clean may have been enough. Means I only get under the car once this way, and figured it was 95% chance the pump had failed anyway.

So fcp euro delivered really fast. As in 4 days faster than expected.

Installed pump and cleaned the housing.

Reset adaptive values with obdeleven and took it for a drive. First up front wheel spin again. Feeling a little disappointed. Pulled over and reset values again. Did manual pump activation. Could hear the pump work.

Did launch control and absolutely no wheel spin. Woohoo its fixed. $300 fix only and an hour or so work.

So fcp euro delivered really fast. As in 4 days faster than expected.

Installed pump and cleaned the housing.

Reset adaptive values with obdeleven and took it for a drive. First up front wheel spin again. Feeling a little disappointed. Pulled over and reset values again. Did manual pump activation. Could hear the pump work.

Did launch control and absolutely no wheel spin. Woohoo its fixed. $300 fix only and an hour or so work.
    Good news that it is working properly again. How clogged was the gauze filter on the old pump ?
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Didn't look too bad at all. There was sludge in the bottom of the housing where the pump is but not on the filter. But I could tell the pump wasn't running as it made no noise and threw the fault.

I suspect that perhaps the previous mechanic (previous owners mechanic) changed the haldex oil and cleaned it but didn't realise (or perhaps change) the pump that had failed already.. The original fault date was early Jan which is when it got serviced last. So I suspect he either didn't realise what the fault meant, or perhaps the seller wasn't completely honest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123