Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Likely Haldex pump failure on golf r

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    See here showing the buildup on the filter after only 37,000km's: Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

You might be lucky to get away with cleaning the filter and replacing the oil.
    Friend had one go at 31,000km in his S3.

All to common of an issue it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post
    Friend had one go at 31,000km in his S3.

All to common of an issue it seems.
    ....crazy. Sounds like it needs checking and cleaning every 12-18 months then.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

....crazy. Sounds like it needs checking and cleaning every 12-18 months then.
    Seems to be quite variable how quickly the "black frog spawn" builds up.

Mine needed cleaning at 2 years/15,000Km, and I'm going to have it cleaned at 3 years to see how bad it is then, and therefore whether it needs to be cleaned every year.

There are a few theories around as to the possible cause. One I can debunk is different haldex fluids are better than others, as it is all the same fluid, regardless of which bottle it comes in (made by one factory in scandinavia is what I read).
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

I've ordered some haldex oil in so lets hope cleaning filter and oil may fix it... but I realise this isn't likely to solve my problem as the pump has likely died now..

But I will use the oil again if/when I replace the pump. Hopefully I can get a pump earlier next week but haven't heard from vagparts yet....

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteRepeat View Post
    Hopefully I can get a pump earlier next week but haven't heard from vagparts yet....
    Ordered yesterday, delivered today. Love me some fresh VAGParts.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Ordered yesterday, delivered today. Love me some fresh VAGParts.

They haven't responded to me asking when they may have haldex pump in stock.. So not the same experience for me on first contact. Hopefully I hear from them soon.

VAGPARTS are way too expensive, any reasons you went there?

My default store is Genuine and OEM Replacement Car Parts Online | BMW Volvo Audi VW Mercedes Porsche Saab | FCP Euro being that they give life time replacement warranty on anything you buy, even brake pads!!

Little tool I use is PartInfo.org: Car Part Makers
    Put the part number in there and you can locate the OEM supplier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tyr382 View Post
    VAGPARTS are way too expensive, any reasons you went there?

My default store is Genuine and OEM Replacement Car Parts Online | BMW Volvo Audi VW Mercedes Porsche Saab | FCP Euro being that they give life time replacement warranty on anything you buy, even brake pads!!

Little tool I use is PartInfo.org: Car Part Makers
    Put the part number in there and you can locate the OEM supplier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The haldex pump is the same price with vagparts as importing from fcpeuro, well they're cheaper if tax's are paid. It's the stock levels and no reply is my problem.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteRepeat View Post
    They haven't responded to me asking when they may have haldex pump in stock.. So not the same experience for me on first contact. Hopefully I hear from them soon.
    Perhaps they are trying to see if they can source you one before replying - although i would have thought they would reply saying they will get back to you. Do it the old school way - give them a call? (see mobile number on my photo posted above)
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Perhaps they are trying to see if they can source you one before replying - although i would have thought they would reply saying they will get back to you. Do it the old school way - give them a call? (see mobile number on my photo posted above)
    That is old school. They don't seem to list their number in the Web page. Well on mobile I didn't notice it. I'll call the movie shown above though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast