Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Likely Haldex pump failure on golf r

Likely Haldex pump failure on golf r

So I bought a reasonably low km mk7 golf r just yesterday in what seemed good condition... Boy did I underestimate the fault that the inspector found which just said intermittent accelerometer error in the haltex 4wd... Just thought it was a sensor error that wasn't current and he didn't seem worried about it either.

Feeling silly now as I should have driven it hard off the mark when I test drive it because on the drive home I accelerated hard on a slightly damp road and found traction control kicked in.

My newly owned obdeleven shows it as a haltek pump fault. Reset the fault and it comes back.

So from reading I believe the chances are a clogged filter which has now led to a failed pump.

So do I order a new pump and oil. Then jack it up and do it all in one go... Or do I change the oil plus clean the filter in hope it fixes it. Which means getting under the car twice. And also possibly needing to buy oil again..

Anyone got suggestions on where to buy a haldex pump? Seen some from UK on ebay. Seems local online suppliers I saw are out of stock.
    Last edited by PeteRepeat; 03-03-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Had many of these issues in our workshop on the Golf 7 R.

Replace the pump, fill new oil. Make sure you do the pump learn function (basic setting) with VCDS afterwards. This is a very important step otherwise the new pump wont actuate the haldex clutch.

We had some luck getting the old pumps to work again but we had to strip them, clean them. Reassemble.
    - Golf 7 R DSG TTE535 Etuners Stage 3
    - Audi A3 1.8TFSI Quattro IS20 Etuners Stage 3
    - BMW 325i E30 1989 4 door

Sounds like I'll just buy a new one then assuming they are just shy of $280 plus oil from what I've seen. Rather than pull mine apart and make it a weekend job, rather than just an hour or two I guess if it's just a replacement (plus clean filter and housing).

Do you have a good source to buy them from and/or if Sydney based maybe I'll pay to get it done. Won't go near vw for this as I'm sure thatll cost a pretty penny.

Wish i could assist but im in South Africa.

Give the guys at Etuners Sydney a call. Im sure they can assist.
    - Golf 7 R DSG TTE535 Etuners Stage 3
    - Audi A3 1.8TFSI Quattro IS20 Etuners Stage 3
    - BMW 325i E30 1989 4 door

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Paul Fry at vagparts is in Sydney.
    I sent them a message already. They were the local supplier online that seemed good price... But out of stock. Hopefully new stock is in soon and it's not one of those that could be months away from restocking

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Paul Fry at vagparts is in Sydney.
    What an unfortunate business name.

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by BenT View Post

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Yes I made sure I wasn't around the family when I opened that website jthe first time ust in case it wasn't Volkswagen parts

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BenT View Post
    I must admit it is a weird business name, but i have purchased form them several times now and they are good to deal with.

Wife did question the delivery left on our doorstep from VAGParts though....haha.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

See here showing the buildup on the filter after only 37,000km's: Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

You might be lucky to get away with cleaning the filter and replacing the oil.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 04-03-2020 at 09:46 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast