Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacking Point(s) - 2013 Golf 90 TSI

Jacking Point(s) - 2013 Golf 90 TSI

Hi everyone

My wife and I recently purchased our son a 2013 Golf 90TSI as his first car. He wants to jack the front of the car up and place it on jack stands, however we are unsure where to place the floor jack. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be enough room on the designated sill jacking point for both the jack and jack stands.

I have included links below to some photos of the underbody of the car. If anyone could let me know if they can see any safe jacking points I would love to hear from you.

received 638904723918867 - ImgPile
    received 603818664283067 - ImgPile
    received 891310954852085 - ImgPile
    received 397330572123842 - ImgPile
    received 422327216098470 - ImgPile

Cheers!

Users Country Flag
    What does he want to do that for Usually I put them under the outer ends of the crossmember
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Your links done work for me.

Below are my suggestions based on my own MK7 GTI which I regularly jack up to do maintenance and modifications. Although I recently invested in some ramps which are more convenient and arguably safer, I have jacked my car up countless times.

I would suggest you invest in a jack pad like this to protect the pinch welds from damage. You can get these jack pads in both alloy or a hard rubber - both work fine.

Jack one side up, then place your jack stand under the lower control arm where it bolts to the chassis. Then do the other side.

Also, this video should help you out.

Last edited by Lucas_R; 14-12-2021 at 09:26 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    What does he want to do that for Usually I put them under the outer ends of the crossmember
    Thanks for your reply. He mainly wants to do it for oil changes and the like. We already own a floor jack and stands, that is why we aren't going down the ramp route, unless we have to.

Users Country Flag
    I agree with Lucas Jack pads are great I got some off Ebay and trimmed the bottoms to fit in my floor jack to make them stable Check them before you buy to get the closest fit
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I agree with Lucas Jack pads are great I got some off Ebay and trimmed the bottoms to fit in my floor jack to make them stable Check them before you buy to get the closest fit
    This is something we will definitely look into!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Your links done work for me.

Below are my suggestions based on my own MK7 GTI which I regularly jack up to do maintenance and modifications. Although I recently invested in some ramps which are more convenient and arguably safer, I have jacked my car up countless times.

I would suggest you invest in a jack pad like this to protect the pinch welds from damage. You can get these jack pads in both alloy or a hard rubber - both work fine.

Jack one side up, then place your jack stand under the lower control arm where it bolts to the chassis. Then do the other side.

Also, this video should help you out.

Thanks for the information and video. I never thought of jacking at the rear pinch weld to place a jack stand under the front pinch weld.

Regarding the images, please let me know if these images are visible:

Last edited by anthonyk82; 15-12-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Yes the pictures are visible now.

So I jack up under the pinch welds, and then place my jack stands in the area highlighted below.

Jacking Point(s) - 2013 Golf 90 TSI-imagephpdml6al-1-jpg
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Yes the pictures are visible now.

So I jack up under the pinch welds, and then place my jack stands in the area highlighted below.

Jacking Point(s) - 2013 Golf 90 TSI-imagephpdml6al-1-jpg
    Thank you! Would it also be acceptable to place the jack in the area you have highlighted and the jack stands on the pinch weld?
    Last edited by anthonyk82; 15-12-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyk82 View Post
    Thank you! Would it also be acceptable to place the jack in the area you have highlighted and the jack stands on the pinch weld?
    Yes it should be fine to do that. Are you using a trolley jack or a scissor jack like what cars have in the boot? If you are using a scissor jack then you might find it pretty awkward to jack up from under the subframe - something that's much easier to do with a trolley jack and the long handle.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast