Thread: Installing leather seats

Users Country Flag

Installing leather seats

Hey Guys,
    Just after a bit of help. I'm looking at buying a set of leather seats which came off a 2016 GTI (going into a 2014 mk7). I know there will be a bit of work involved to get the heated seat function to work so happy to leave that function out for now. However when looking at the plugs - only the yellow airbag plug seems to match with my car. My car has a smaller black plug with 4 wires (guessing this is for the seatbelt sensor etc.,), whereas the leather seats have a larger red/maroon plug with 7-8 wires going into it.

Has anyone done a similar install? Is there anyway to retrofit the seat or change the wiring over without having to cut/splice any wires? I thought it would be a fairly simple job to just replace the seats and the airbag/sensor components.

p.s the leather seats are not electric, same functions as the cloth seats in my car.

Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    The leather seats are most likely electronic for recline/lumbar etc, whereas the original cloth seats in your car are probably not. Im assuming this is the plug you are confused with?
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    The leather seats are most likely electronic for recline/lumbar etc, whereas the original cloth seats in your car are probably not. Im assuming this is the plug you are confused with?
    The leather seats are exactly the same functionally as my cloth seats with the exception of heating.

So manual recline/lumbar.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by itpesaf View Post
    The leather seats are exactly the same functionally as my cloth seats with the exception of heating.

So manual recline/lumbar.
    In that case the cars with leather seats (and heating function) must have a different wiring loom/plug with the necessary additional wiring which you must be missing in your car.

I know similar retrofit's have been done on the Mk6 platform, but cant recall anyone with Mk7's having done it. Have you done some Googleing?
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag Thread Starter