Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infotainment unit dead Mk7.5

Users Country Flag

Infotainment unit dead Mk7.5

Hi folks. From yesterday the infotainment unit on my 2017 Mk7.5 110TSI wont start up.
    No lights or noises. Dead.

Checked both fuses 10A and 20A , all ok.
    Tried pressing/holding the ON button for over 10 seconds. No response.

Anything else I can/should check before calling the dealer?

Thanks.
    Mk7.5 110TSI 6sp-man

I had this happen on an older MK7 about 2015 so not sure if same Infotainment set up. Tried various combinations of hold the on off button down, ignition on and off, lock/unlock the car. No result. Locked it up for the night, back the next day and all working fine again.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ABCD View Post
    I had this happen on an older MK7 about 2015 so not sure if same Infotainment set up. Tried various combinations of hold the on off button down, ignition on and off, lock/unlock the car. No result. Locked it up for the night, back the next day and all working fine again.
    Yes same here , frustrating , best to leave it and try later .
    GTI clubsport/edition 40 manual white 2016

Mercedes Benz A200 AMG pack red 2016

Users Country Flag
    @ABCD. Of course try the leave-it-alone-for-a-bit method, but if the MIB doesn't fix itself, do you have access to a diagnostic cable - like VCDS, or maybe OBD11?

dON
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    @ABCD. Of course try the leave-it-alone-for-a-bit method, but if the MIB doesn't fix itself, do you have access to a diagnostic cable - like VCDS, or maybe OBD11?

dON
    Unfortunately no.
    Mk7.5 110TSI 6sp-man

Users Country Flag
    Bummer!!! very difficult to remotely diagnose the fault based ONLY on the information provided!!

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Update: Had car looked at by the dealer:-

"Found as a first stage of diagnosis vehicle will require replacement of the control unit. Quoted $3642.65."
    Ouch!

I requested they ask Volkswagen for relief given that the car is only 4 1/2 years old (3year warranty) and failures like this shouldn't happen.
    They advise it will be around two weeks for an answer to come back.

* I could hypothetically pay for a new control unit and the main unit could still be faulty?

* Can anyone advise on sourcing a refurbished or suitable aftermarket unit?

Any other options? I DONT want to be spending THAT kind of money on this.

Thanks.
    Mk7.5 110TSI 6sp-man

Users Country Flag
    Have a look around online, you can actually upgrade to the better unit for less VW MIB 2.5 Discovery Pro & 9.2 Display Apple CarPlay & Android Auto OEM 5NA035050C & 5G6919606 Genuine Retrofit - Euro Car Performance & Electronics Upgrades

Kamold from on here may be able to help you with a replacement unit as well, including the necessary coding assistance, for far less than the VW quote.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Have a look around online, you can actually upgrade to the better unit for less VW MIB 2.5 Discovery Pro & 9.2 Display Apple CarPlay & Android Auto OEM 5NA035050C & 5G6919606 Genuine Retrofit - Euro Car Performance & Electronics Upgrades

Kamold from on here may be able to help you with a replacement unit as well, including the necessary coding assistance, for far less than the VW quote.
    Thanks Sharkie.

VW have agreed to waive 70% parts cost (4 1/2 yo car out of 3yr warranty) so I'll be getting the dealer to fix it.
    Mk7.5 110TSI 6sp-man

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joffa View Post
    Thanks Sharkie.

VW have agreed to waive 70% parts cost (4 1/2 yo car out of 3yr warranty) so I'll be getting the dealer to fix it.

Hi Joffa,

I've found myself in the same position with a 2018 mk7.5 GTI and dead infotainment... out of warranty of course (mine missed out on the 5 year warranty by mere months when purchased)

Dealer is claiming that 70% good will is still $2500 for mine to be replaced!?!... Going by our locations we might have even gone to the same dealer, but clearly I'm still getting ripped off!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast