Thread: Hot weather rattle? Mk 7.5 R

Users Country Flag

Hot weather rattle? Mk 7.5 R

Anyone had experience with what I’d call a rattle, but also sounds a bit like a leaf stuck in a vent, and also a bit like a vacuum gurgle..
    It sounds like it is around the dash area but here’s the thing - it only happens when the car has been sitting in the hot sun, and only under acceleration. Also, it goes away after the car has been running (and moving) for a half hour or so. Definitely does not happen off-throttle or on cooler days.
    Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Anyone had experience with what I’d call a rattle, but also sounds a bit like a leaf stuck in a vent, and also a bit like a vacuum gurgle..
    It sounds like it is around the dash area but here’s the thing - it only happens when the car has been sitting in the hot sun, and only under acceleration. Also, it goes away after the car has been running (and moving) for a half hour or so. Definitely does not happen off-throttle or on cooler days.
    Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DSG or manual does it happen at a certain rev range, do you hear it revving at standstill?
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

No, only on when moving and under throttle - I’ve actually had a few comments on Reddit suggesting the soundaktor (didn’t even know it existed), and that adds up. I think it only happens in race mode, and other peoples reports of soundaktor rattles coincide with weather changes - mostly freezing weather, but plausible that it happens in the heat as well.
    I haven’t tested thoroughly yet, but if it goes away on eco mode, I’ll report back here in case anyone else has the same issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk