Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Flow Inlet Turbo Elbow Pipe For VW Golf MK7 GTI R Audi S3 A3 TT 1.8TSI 2.0T

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    No, there's definitely nothing defective about it - it's a deliberate design/manufacturing choice. Many of the cheap versions don't have the bell mouth design, and instead there's an angled section rather than a smoothly radiused bell mouth. Unless you are specifically looking out for it, you may not notice - and I'm perhaps just a tad obsessive about details like this I think it all depends who the supplier is though. Mine wasn't a Kyostar.

I'd be interested to see a photo of the inside of the Kyostar once it arrives to see how it compares with the cheap model I bought:

Turbo High Flow Inlet Tube For Golf MK7 GTI Audi S3 A3 Leon MK3 EA888 Pipe Performance turbocharger Intake Hose|Turbo Chargers & Parts| - AliExpress

Good tips regarding the installation too - like you, I also found it pretty straight-forward. I might try the superglue tip too - nice one!

i inspected all the parts and nothing looked out of the ordinary or like jagged angles e.t.c but i may be wrong... but i doubt it.

all the aluminium or upgrade bits off ebay have been quality so far

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    i inspected all the parts and nothing looked out of the ordinary or like jagged angles e.t.c but i may be wrong... but i doubt it.

all the aluminium or upgrade bits off ebay have been quality so far
    There was nothing 'jagged' as such - the internal finishing was pretty much perfect and no worse than any other inlets that I've seen on ebay. To be clear... there were no manufacturing defects.

If you look really closely in this image where I've drawn the red arrow, you can see a line. It's a 'transition' of sorts on an approx. 30 degree angle from the section that attaches to the turbo. A bellmouth is preferred. Does it make a difference? Maybe not, but bell mouths are deliberately used in these kinds of applications for a reason.

Hopefully the OP can share some images inside the Kyostar inlet so that we'll know once and for all.

High Flow Inlet Turbo Elbow Pipe For VW Golf MK7 GTI R Audi S3 A3 TT 1.8TSI 2.0T-inlet-jpg

Users Country Flag
    ok fair enough. i doubt it makes a difference.. would still make an improvement over the stock plastic one that has a smaller entrance to the turbo

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    amunra Mate, Good tips regarding the installation, I will follow up with pictorials.

Cheers Al

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Al View Post
    amunra Mate, Good tips regarding the installation, I will follow up with pictorials.

Cheers Al
    whyd u buy on aliexpress instead of that ebay link i sent u... think it would be delivered to u faster and same price

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    aliexpress for both items was $22 cheaper, a worthwhile saving. I will wait longer for that saving.

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    whyd u buy on aliexpress instead of that ebay link i sent u... think it would be delivered to u faster and same price

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Call me Al View Post
    aliexpress for both items was $22 cheaper, a worthwhile saving. I will wait longer for that saving.

you are worthy of a spot on the PennyPincher raceteam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12