Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! TPMS light stuck on, need factory long code VCDS

HELP! TPMS light stuck on, need factory long code VCDS

Hi guys, hope someone can help.

My TPMS light is stuck on. Had my local VCDS equipped mechanic have a look and the car is saying all pressures are fine (36psi all four) and that the light isn't on - BUT IT IS!

Tried turning TPMS on/off in EBDEleven, no good.

Reset TPMS in dash control - no good.

My mechanic suggests someone could provide the original long code info for a 2016 GolF R Wolfburg wagon here in the forums, from which he could see in the code on my Golf what has changed.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Users Country Flag
    I could give you the coding off my 2015 Mk7 GTI if no one with a Mk7 R wagon can help. Its likely to be the same coding anyway.

Have you played around with the TPMS coding? Is that the root cause of the issue do you think?

I assume from your username you have owned a 200sx before. I also did too, a green S14a and a blue S15.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Yes, when I worked at Hot4s in the '90s I had the burgundy S1 project car.HELP! TPMS light stuck on, need factory long code VCDS-200sx-jpg

Please post your code and I'll compare it to how mine looks now.

Anyone with a MK7 R or Wolfsburg got a code?

Users Country Flag
    Yep I remember that car. Probably saw it in person at AutoSalon but definitely remember seeing it in magazines and videos in the 90's. Old school Momo rims etc. It was a nice colour actually.

Did this one become ALLRYZ?

I can get you my coding tonight (my VCDS cable is at home and im currently at work).
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 29-07-2021 at 02:30 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

It got stolen and recovered in around 2001. I last saw it at BD4s after it was recovered and it had been treated pretty badly. No idea what happened to it afterwards.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mr200sx View Post
    It got stolen and recovered in around 2001. I last saw it at BD4s after it was recovered and it had been treated pretty badly. No idea what happened to it afterwards.
    That's a shame. All that money and time poured into your pride and joy and some scum bag nicks it. Geez, BD4's is a blast from the past.

Here is the coding from the ABS module on my 2015 Mk7 GTI. Hopefully it helps. Not sure why the forum is putting a space in between the 8 and the 4250BBC289 about 10 characters from the end, but there is no space there.

01FA93A154272972077B060241CB6980C92A94E0608296F718 4250BBC289

HELP! TPMS light stuck on, need factory long code VCDS-abs-coding-mk7-gti-jpg
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    @mr200sx:hmmm....... I hope that replicating someone else's TPMS settings work for you - but if it doesn't, perhaps sharing the back-story for this fault might help. Why did the TPMS error message appear in the first place?

AFAIK, there are 2 x separate modules implicated in the TPMS facility;
    • The hex03 module:
      • The software switches on Byte 27 - specifically Bits 4-6 (depending on the PR options fitted to the car)
      • If a TPMS button is installed - Byte 28, Bit 7

• The hex5F module:
      • IDE04307-ENG117704-Vehicle function list BAP-tire_pressure_system_0x07 > activated
      • IDE04307-ENG117705-Vehicle function list BAP-tire_pressure_system_0x07_msg_bus > Suspension data bus
      • IDE04300-ENG117541-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_rdk >activated
      • IDE04300-ENG117543-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_rdk_over_threshold_high>activated

But as I have said - the fix really does depend on what caused the error message to appear and what particular error messages are in your auto-scan (and in which module)?
    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 30-07-2021 at 08:43 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Thanks guys. I'll have my guy look at this and see if we can fix. I'll get back to you.

Users Country Flag
    I'm in a similar situation. I went APR ECU+TCU Stage 1 and now I've got an unresettable TPMS error. Installer not quite sure why it's there. The coding all seems to have changed. It seems to think I have an active TPMS (Wolf wagon only has passive). Now trying to work out how to make passive work again.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hardy_bm View Post
    . It seems to think I have an active TPMS (Wolf wagon only has passive). Now trying to work out how to make passive work again.
    hmm... of course lots of possible causes for the car believing that it has "active TPMS". Assuming that Stage 1 installer hasn't activated the specific "active TPMS" module in the CAN Gateway installation list - the other setting you might want to check is Byte 4, Bit 0 on the hex17 module - which should be set for indirect TPMS - see below

Don

Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast