Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! My cluster looks like a Chrismass tree...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gutoneto View Post
    Hi,

The battery is a SuperCharge brand and I found some information about the model is MF66HSS and found the following writes: 0GKJ14 (engarved on the case) and a 3D barcode 0GJ11225228-5.

Apart from that nothing else.
    I have the exact same Supercharge MF66HSS battery in my Mk7 Golf and agree it does not seem to have the details on it to update the car that a new battery has been fitted.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I have the exact same Supercharge MF66HSS battery in my Mk7 Golf and agree it does not seem to have the details on it to update the car that a new battery has been fitted.
    According to the Supercharge website it is an AGM battery, so battery technology = "FLEECE", CCA = 760 and just change the serial number (to anything different if you don't see one on the battery).
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    According to the Supercharge website it is an AGM battery, so battery technology = "FLEECE", CCA = 760 and just change the serial number (to anything different if you don't see one on the battery).
    Yes its an AGM battery with 760 CCA's. Thanks for the info, but seeing the battery is at least 14-15 months old (I bought the car last August and the battery was already fitted by the previous owner) im not sure if it's worth updating the info. but good info to know anyway, thanks.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 27-10-2021 at 01:40 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Yes its an AGM battery with 760 CCA's. Thanks for the info, but seeing the battery is at least 14-15 months old (I bought the car last August and the battery was already fitted by the previous owner) im not sure if it's worth updating the info. but good info to know anyway, thanks.
    If you changed from EFB to AGM I'd still update the info. AGM last longer with a specific AGM charging regime, rather than using the voltage settings that are optimum for EFB.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    If you changed from EFB to AGM I'd still update the info. AGM last longer with a specific AGM charging regime, rather than using the voltage settings that are optimum for EFB.
    AGM also charge at a different rate to an EFB which charges on a standard wet cell cycle on a charger so I guess will be similar in a car
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Problem is that I have no idea what battery was fitted to the car from the factory as the Supercharge battery was already fitted when I bought the car just over 12 months ago.

Ive heard some cars are fitted from the factory with EFB and some with AGM.

I'll use my Carista to check as that now supports battery coding with one of the recent updates to the app.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Problem is that I have no idea what battery was fitted to the car from the factory as the Supercharge battery was already fitted when I bought the car just over 12 months ago.

Ive heard some cars are fitted from the factory with EFB and some with AGM.

I'll use my Carista to check as that now supports battery coding with one of the recent updates to the app.
    I'll bet it originally came with an EFB (that is what most Aus delivered petrol Golfs came with, as EFBs are cheaper than AGMs)

Users Country Flag

HELP!!! My cluster looks like a Chrismass tree...

I'll bet it originally came with an EFB (that is what most Aus delivered petrol Golfs came with, as EFBs are cheaper than AGMs)
    I checked it just now. My Carista app showed it to be registered as an AGM battery but the AH was set to 68 (should be 70 as per specs on SuperCharge website). Doubt that small difference in AH would do anything though.

Would only accept a 3 character code for battery manufacturer so SUP was used, and for serial number i just used a very VW/Audi-ish part number stamped onto the side of the battery in a very small font. It only accepts 10 characters so couldnt fit the whole code but got most of it.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    From what Ive seen on the subject just changing 1 or more digits is enough

From an old post reply by a current member Changed to AGM battery, re-coding required?
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 29-10-2021 at 08:30 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

I'll check my one as well and see how's set it up.
    Golf Wagon MK7 (90 92TSI) - Mods: 110TSI Turbo upgrade, ECU and TCU Stage 2, Eibach Pro-Kit, Pretoria 19", GTI PP Sway bars upgrade F/R, Full GTI Tartan interior, GTI colour Cluster, R's Bi-Xenon with AFS retrofit, GTI 312mm front brake upgrade.
    More to come...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast