Thread: Headlights

Headlights

Hi,

I need some help, I just been told that the wagon's headlights are different from the hatchback's ones.

Is that true? Anyone here that done the upgrade to the R or aftermarket ones?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Gutoneto; 23-05-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I cant imagine that they would be different. Obviously the facelift Mk7.5's headlights are slightly different and wont fit on a pre-facelift Mk7, but Mk7 headlights should fit Mk7 no problem.

If a wagons headlights are different to a hatch backs then ill be damned, and also silly for VW to do that.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    hmmm...........just an example from the net, but look HERE (read "SPECIFICATION") and note that while the units fit MK7.0 GTI/TSI/TDI with Halogen Headlights. (3 door and 5 door hatch) - they don't fit MK7 wagon.

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 02-07-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

I know the tailights are different on the wagon to the hatch, but that's the first I heard that wagon headlights are different. Some more research might be useful.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

I first thought that was a joke but when I saw the Supernova headlights then it left me screeching my head...

I'm completely lost now and nowhere that I can find the answer.

I do know that the taillights are different due to the shape of the boot.

Late to the party but I'm having the same problem
    The headlights are the same physical design in all ways, but apparently the way they are wired and coded between hatch and wagon is completely different.
    I tried some supernovas on my 7.5 alltrack wagon and they did indeed behave rather oddly, ended up returning them unfortunately. Shame because they looked the business

Users Country Flag
    @millsy1050: can you remember the details of the "rather oddly" behavior?

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    @millsy1050: can you remember the details of the "rather oddly" behavior?

Don
    When I would indicate left, indicator would come on but once cancelled the DRL wouldn't come back on that side, and sometimes the left fog light would come on instead.
    That was day one.
    The next day, when the DRLs were on they would each (both sides) intermittently blink off for about 2 seconds either side every 30 seconds or so.
    Seemed weirdly random the behaviour of the lights

Users Country Flag

^^^^^^ why doesn't this forum have a "like" function for posts? - thanks @millsy1050 (very odd indeed)!

Don