Thread: Headlight advisory messages - turn them off?

Headlight advisory messages - turn them off?

Any idea whether I can turn off the annoying headlight advisory message on the dash that comes on when the light sensor thinks it’s time to turn on the headlights...”please switch on dipped beam headlights”. It does it when I drive through a short underpass or sometimes just when I get into the shade.

ive set the light sensor to “late”....which did help a little with the lights flicking on and off when set to auto mode, but I prefer to leave my lights off in the city until it’s actually getting dark or raining. The drls are for daytime.

MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg Oryx White
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Race Blue...sold

Users Country Flag
    Just leave your switch set to auto and don't worry about what they're doing. I've had mine on auto for 6 years. Only need to over-ride in fog as the dipped beams and rear lights don't always come on. People can still see your DRLs at the front but you'll eventually get rear ended.

DRLs are painfully bright and cause a lot of glare to other drivers if left on at night or in low light levels. Better to use dipped beams in low light levels as a courtesy to others if nothing else.
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

That is no doubt an option however I find the sat nav switching from day mode to night on the dash when the lights go on/off quite distracting. I’d also suggest constant flicking on and off of the lights isn’t great for the ballasts.

MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg Oryx White
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Race Blue...sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_R View Post
    DRLs are painfully bright and cause a lot of glare to other drivers if left on at night or in low light levels. Better to use dipped beams in low light levels as a courtesy to others if nothing else.
    This. I was going to comment and say exactly the same thing.
    Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

Quote Originally Posted by Schvengb View Post
    I’d also suggest constant flicking on and off of the lights isn’t great for the ballasts.
    I'm pretty sure Oz MY18 (Mk 7.5) Golf Rs (like the OP has) all have LED headlights, so no HID globes or ballasts to worry about.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Central Electrics (09)

Aussenlicht_uebergreifend

Fahrlichtwarnung_Hinweis_Konfig
    Hinweis_in LDS-Stellung_Null_und_SL -> kein Hinweis

Quote Originally Posted by Schvengb View Post
    That is no doubt an option however I find the sat nav switching from day mode to night on the dash when the lights go on/off quite distracting. I’d also suggest constant flicking on and off of the lights isn’t great for the ballasts.
    Isn't there an option to set the factory Sat Nav to day or night permanently?
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI
    - Manual - Sunroof - Folding Mirrors - Lock/Unlock Chirp - 4x Indicator Flash - Traffic - MK7.5 LED Tail Lights with Sweeping Indicators - Dynablink Sweeping mirror LEDs - White LED's on rear rego plate -