Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this GTI reasonable $?

Is this GTI reasonable $?

Have been looking at getting a new car for over a year now and found this. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...AG-AD-15512190

Golf GTI all options for 44k, however is brand new and comes with hail damage.
    I've recently been looking at getting a demo GTI for around 40k the only real option I want is the dynaudio but not many to be found.
    Any thoughts?

Users Country Flag
    Hard to say given they've given no indication of the level of hail damage.

But given a fully loaded GTI DSG clocks in at around $58k (lol wtf??) it's pretty rare to see a dealer offer one up new at this price, so I'd be expecting some fairly serious damage.. in which case no I wouldn't bother. That fully loaded GTI should be low $50s at most and a bit less given it's a 17 car now.

Hail damage can quickly run up cost wise - $1,000 through $10,000. I wouldn't get sucked in to trying to cut corners with PDR on a new car either.

Keep looking..

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    I would be quite surprised if too many people are paying anywhere near RRP for GTI's (even fully loaded atm).

Unless you were really worried about the weight due to 4WD, wouldn't you just go for the R at that price

Check if it has been written off and if the damage has any affect on warranty.

Just be careful of hail damage as it can effect warranty and insurance (pre-existing damage).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Just be careful of hail damage as it can effect warranty and insurance (pre-existing damage).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What he said!

Buying a vehicle that has existing hail damage can be a huge headache further down the track. I'd be asking myself if it's worth the potential issues - after all, as someone once said "quality is remembered long after price is forgotten".

It's only money - last time I checked, they're still making it. Buy the best example you can afford, not one that is cheap for an obvious reason.
    Cheers

I'd only buy a hail damaged car if the damage wasn't that bad (like 5-10 dents) and the price was exceptional. But reality is that car doesn't exist - unless it has been "written off" on insurance and you get it at auction.

I know of some people that have picked up hail damaged cars really cheap at auction (like $30-40k off retail) and spent $10k fixing the dents and can still make some $ when going to sell the car later.

The dealer would already have got a price to have the car fixed and would likely just have taken the repair quote off the price for the car. So nett result you're not getting any better deal than if you bought the car without the dents (just a lot of headache).

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Hi, I enquired around a month ago for that very GTI your interested in at Ferntree Gully VW. The car itself is not at the dealership, it's being held at a storage facility as its HEAVILY damaged (I think it was a 'rating 7' which is the worst it can be). Essentially every panel was damaged along with multiple windows. The car will be sold as is and will be marked as hail damaged. Good luck getting insurance with that!! The dealer would not entertain having it fixed by them. The car is currently un-driveable (due to window/windscreen damage) and will therefore need to be towed to a panel shop. I had a panel shop give me a quote, it was in excess of $7000. Good Luck!!
    Edit- Forget to mention that they would not drop the price by more then $500. Hence why It's still for sale after so long.
    Tungsten Silver 2018 VW Golf Alltrack 132TSI Premium - All Options - Coming June 2018.

Users Country Flag
    Ouch sounds like buyer beware there you just know its going to be way more than 7k to fix it
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    Have been looking at getting a new car for over a year now and found this. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...AG-AD-15512190

Golf GTI all options for 44k, however is brand new and comes with hail damage.
    I've recently been looking at getting a demo GTI for around 40k the only real option I want is the dynaudio but not many to be found.
    Any thoughts?
    I got close on a mk7 gti hail damaged .

Roof and bonnet were pretty much perfect resto , but on closer inspection I noticed little 10c size dents on the front guard just where they meet the bonnet , impossible to fix unless you bog them , would need new guards .
    Price was good ,leather , sunroof , manual 5,200km all for $39,500 , was a demo .
    GTI clubsport/edition 40 manual white 2016

Mercedes Benz A200 AMG pack red 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast