Support VWWC

Thread: GTi Original DRL

Users Country Flag

GTi Original DRL

Hi, if you own an Original like I do, you would know that only the "outside" daytime running lights function, the "inside lights are there but I believe they are just not connected.
    Is there's anyone out there that got all of them working, if so how did you do it?
    Maybe you don't own an Original but know how it might be done, your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

i own an early GTIO and have been informed that the lenses is fitted but no led,s are mounted. and the control module cant be configured to allow. that said I am waiting on a damaged light assy so i can experiment on it before I mod mine

Users Country Flag
    That is what i have heard as well the 2nd drl cannot be activated its made inoperable

Which is a crying shame as if you could do it with some code it would be great

I parked mine next to a highline which has only the single drl vs the double drl i have and it makes quite a change looking at them the single one just seems to be missing something (which obviously it is)

Expensive to fix i would think genuine led headlights with double drl are like $1400 each from the factory
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    I have one also and I believe this to be a coding issue as i also have a performance edition 3 door which has the double drls.
    I've not looked in to it very hard but both cars have the camera in the rear view mirror and both have adaptive headlights which from what I've read is a prerequisite to have dual drls.
    By the way is yours manual?

MY19 GTI have the same single DRL. Lucky it doesn’t make any difference to driving it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    On the MY18 Original's (GTI), the inboard LED's are not present nor are the control modules/wiring harness etc...

This was part of the cost-cutting to make the car cheaper than the "standard" 4-door model.

It requires the whole light assembly to be replaced with a functioning inboard/outboard light assembly either from VW Australia (e.g. R Mk7.5 version), or an after market company like Supernova.
    Now: 2018 Mk 7.5 Golf R Grid Ed | Man | White Silver Metallic
    Past: 1994 Subaru Liberty RS | Man | White
    ........2000 Nissan 200SX S15 Spec S | Man | Red
    ........2011 Mk VI Golf 118 TSI | Man | Candy White

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for your reply, that makes sense now that you mention the cost cutting exercise.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWHO View Post
    On the MY18 Original's (GTI), the inboard LED's are not present nor are the control modules/wiring harness etc...

This was part of the cost-cutting to make the car cheaper than the "standard" 4-door model.

It requires the whole light assembly to be replaced with a functioning inboard/outboard light assembly either from VW Australia (e.g. R Mk7.5 version), or an after market company like Supernova.
    Remember also the single DRL version does not have dynamic curve / dynamic bend lighting. Which is different to active cornering lights.
    Current: 2018 Golf GTI Original | Manual | Tornado Red
    Previous: 2012 Polo TSI | Manual | Reflex Silver | Comfort and Sports Packs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TSI_Dan View Post
    Remember also the single DRL version does not have dynamic curve / dynamic bend lighting. Which is different to active cornering lights.
    Spot on. Dan is the man in Japan.
    Now: 2018 Mk 7.5 Golf R Grid Ed | Man | White Silver Metallic
    Past: 1994 Subaru Liberty RS | Man | White
    ........2000 Nissan 200SX S15 Spec S | Man | Red
    ........2011 Mk VI Golf 118 TSI | Man | Candy White

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yes, I have the manual, I had the dynamic taillights fitted, works great.