Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: GTI Edition 40 / Clubsport Thread

Users Country Flag

GTI Edition 40 / Clubsport Thread

Tried to search but couldn't find a thread.

So I spoke to a dealer in Sydney and placed a deposit. Apparently only ~400-500 units in Aus split in DSG/manual (wasn't sure split - said could be 50/50 based on other special editions).

Due to land around September. Dealership I spoke to had already sold 4. (5 including my refundable deposit)

My forward contract currently has DSG pricing as VW apparently hasn't confirmed the manual pricing despite the media releases this week.

Curious what the final figure will be - somewhere between a GTI Performance and an R... but my assumption is for these limited supply cars that the dealership will basically rort you on dealer delivery? Is that a fair assumption? I think mine is around ~$3k ??

Users Country Flag
    Ordered mine end of May - 52k on road for DSG no moon-roof in white. The manual option just announced is I believe 2k cheaper but no delivery till at least September. Also only 100 manuals to be sold out of 500 so get your order in now if you desparately want one. Mine is due in the country on the 15th June for handover by the end of month
    Current drive:2016 Golf GTI 40 Years in Pure White

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Wow Sounds like you got charged zero dealer delivery? I'm expecting 55k manual with moon roof (carbon steel).

Edit: Just asked another dealer in Sydney and they were charging almost 59k with moon roof for the DSG.

Sounds like you got a great deal!
    Last edited by Vagabond; 12-06-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Curious what the final figure will be - somewhere between a GTI Performance and an R... but my assumption is for these limited supply cars that the dealership will basically rort you on dealer delivery? Is that a fair assumption? I think mine is around ~$3k ??
    Yes same thing happened with the Wolfsburg Edition dealers weren't allowed to sell for more than the RRP but did gouge with higher than normal "dealer delivery" costs. If you don't like what the metro dealers are stinging you for delivery, there's a number of country/regional dealers that would be more than happy to accommodate. They can be quite flexible with trade-in and delivery too.

Nothing against the metro dealers but if you feel like you're being taken for a bit of a ride then I'd push back and take your business elsewhere. You do have choices.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

[QUOTE=Brian;1187932) Mine is due in the country on the 15th June for handover by the end of month[/QUOTE]

First GTI 40 are sitting in Fremantle port and rest is on its way to eastern states - schedule below.

GTI Edition 40 / Clubsport Thread-image-jpg

And you can track it here

AIS Vessel Tracking - AIS Positions Maps | AIS Marine Traffic
    Last edited by MIRSAD; 12-06-2016 at 04:49 PM.
    MY16 GTI 40

Users Country Flag
    Apparently only ~400-500 units in Aus split in DSG/manual (wasn't sure split - said could be 50/50 based on other special editions).
    400 DSG and 100 Manual it what I've heard.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    400 DSG and 100 Manual it what I've heard.
    Damn - that gives me a sneaking suspicion that the manuals won't be available with sunroof.

I've left some messages for my sales rep - sounds like I need to get the allocation confirmed asap!!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MIRSAD View Post
    First GTI 40 are sitting in Fremantle port and rest is on its way to eastern states - schedule below.

GTI Edition 40 / Clubsport Thread-image-jpg

And you can track it here

AIS Vessel Tracking - AIS Positions Maps | AIS Marine Traffic
    Thanks for the info. Just south of Adelaide last night so should arrive Melbourne today. Starting to get excited now!

Users Country Flag
    Wow Sounds like you got charged zero dealer delivery? I'm expecting 55k manual with moon roof (carbon steel).

Edit: Just asked another dealer in Sydney and they were charging almost 59k with moon roof for the DSG.

Sounds like you got a great deal!
    The 52k was after much adjustment of trade-in figures (lower than I wanted naturally), but the stealership was wholesaling my old car off so had to rig the figures for their books no doubt! In the end, the new price was probably around 56k with 4k added to my trade in, if you follow. Accountants smoke and mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The 52k was after much adjustment of trade-in figures (lower than I wanted naturally), but the stealership was wholesaling my old car off so had to rig the figures for their books no doubt! In the end, the new price was probably around 56k with 4k added to my trade in, if you follow. Accountants smoke and mirrors.
    Hah glad to hear that! I was really worried for a sec!

Still waiting to confirm that Charcoal is available. I noticed a media article say 40th is only available in White & Red... I hope that's not true!

On a lighter note - has anyone looked into Alcantara care products yet? I did a bit of youtubing over the weekend and starting to wonder what I got myself into here.

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast