Support VWWC

Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: GTI Edition 40 / Clubsport Thread

Users Country Flag

I read somewhere on another thread some time ago that the oil is not changed and should not be done so until the first scheduled (12 months or 15,000 kms) due to run in properties within the oil.
    White MY17 Golf 7R with DSG and DAP.

Users Country Flag
    The official response from the dealer is below with regards to the 1500K service.

The 1500km service is a complimentary inspection offered by Nepean Motor Group. (Checking lights, levels n pressures)

It is believed to provide you some time to drive the vehicle and identify concerns giving the driver/dealership an opportunity to rectify them without feeling as though you need to wait til the 12mnth/15,000km service.

We also recognise the purchase/experience of a taking delivery of a new car can be overwhelming and the explanation of some functions or featutes can go missed so provides further opportunity to go through some of those if desired.

I can confirm that there are no filters or fluids that require replacement at this time and it is actually recommended by the manufacturer that the oil in your vehicle not be changed prior to the recommended 12mnth/15,000km Service interval.

Please be aware that your vehicle may use some oil during this first service period. This is completely normal and as a valued NMG customer we offer a complimentary oil top up should it be required.

Gotta be happy with that, overall I've been very happy with my experience from NMG

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    The difference in quality between dealerships never ceases to amaze me.

I've considered driving my car to say hello to the dealership that told me that manual is definitely not available and that I shouldn't believe everything I read online.

Hi guys.... I am a new member from South Africa.... also took delivery of a clubsport and would like to ask a few questions.... no seat belt warning for passenger seat.... no ambient lighting.... needle sweep is inconsistent does not sweep with every unlock and start.... so far a great car and enjoying it....

Users Country Flag
    Hi ZA, sorry not trying to be thick but what's the question? Ambient is not in the CS. Passenger SB warning works on mine as does gauge sweep - reliably, - have you made any changes to the car at all? if you have vcds is it throwing any fault codes?

Users Country Flag
    Is the owner of a white 40YR that gave me a beep this afternoon at South Coogee on here. Nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kyratz View Post
    Hi ZA, sorry not trying to be thick but what's the question? Ambient is not in the CS. Passenger SB warning works on mine as does gauge sweep - reliably, - have you made any changes to the car at all? if you have vcds is it throwing any fault codes?
    Passenger sb is disabled from factory on mine as well. Guessing it has to do with each country's regulations but surely something tweakable via obd?

Gauge sweep is also inconsistent in mine. Haven't figured out what it depends on to work or not. Maybe if you open another than the driver's door first, then no sweep? Haven't confirmed that though.

Sorry guys for being vague... those were questions... so no ambient lighting if you have the racing seats is what I have confirmed with vw... also no seat belt warning confirmed if you have racing seats... needle sweep also inconsistent confirmed for my17 models... pretty crap if you ask me, either have it off or on.... just checking what you guys are experiencing with the above.... have checked ones without racing seats and those have the ambient lighting and search belt warning for passenger seat..
    My16 models have got needle sweep working everytime

VW confirmed no sensor in passenger seat so cannot be enabled for racing seats

Just trying to see what your guys experience has been.... not too many guys here with clubsports

Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast