Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golf Servicing Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    According to my 2017 copy VW Oz's maintenance schedule:

Brake Fluid: every 2 years (but I've read elsewhere that the 1st change is after 3 years, then every 2 years after that)

Pollen Filter: every 2 years

Haldex: Oil every 3 years, but that doesn't include cleaning the filter which frequently block much sooner than that. I would change haldex oil & clean filter every 2 years or 30,000 km whichever was sooner (or more frequently if you invoke AWD a lot)

Air filter: every 45,000 km

Spark Plugs: every 60,000 Km

Fuel filter: every 60,000 km

DSG fluid: every 60,000 km

Note that if you drive less than 15,000 km a year many dealers will replace the distance due items well before they are actually needed as they bundle them in with the "60K" service (thus costing you money before it is required).
    Does that maintenance schedule mention whether that 60k DSG interval is for the 6 or new 7 speed box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RS
    R

Quote Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
    Does that maintenance schedule mention whether that 60k DSG interval is for the 6 or new 7 speed box?
    DSG fluid: every 60,000 km was for the 7 speed DSG,

DSG fluid & filter every 60,000 km is what's recommended for the 6 speed DSG
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 846 View Post
    Does anyone know of a service schedule for the 90TSI Mk 7?
    I know the pricing info is available on VW's website but I want a list of what is actually meant to be done at each service.

Also, what are the thoughts on VW's 15,000km service intervals? I would have thought that that is too long for any turbo engine. Is it just a way of them making the car more appealing? Or is it actually all that's needed?
    I've got 190,000km on my tsi. When i was doing a 45km highway commute I did 15k /12m services and had the oil analysed twice with no negative readings.

For the past 2 years I've done lots of short trips and stop/start traffic. The handbook defines this as "severe service" so now I do the service at 10k/12m.

The most likely problem with longer service intervals is oil sludging. I've seen no indication that is happening.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    15k service intervals are what is recommended but it's entirely up to you
    My old mark 6 diesel was done every 15k its 10 years old with 170k on it with not 1 issue in that time and still in my family as my daughter's car
    It was driven normally
    My current 7.5 diesel is tuned and worked much harder so i get a oil and filter done every 7.5k it would probably be fine with 15k but its for my piece of mind

Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    DSG fluid: every 60,000 km was for the 7 speed DSG,

DSG fluid & filter every 60,000 km is what's recommended for the 6 speed DSG
    Got the dealer to confirm that the 7 speed DQ381's DSG service is at 120,000 kms / 8 years.

Looks like the service interval has been doubled from the DQ250 !
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag
    Got the dealer to confirm that the 7 speed DQ381's DSG service is at 120,000 kms / 8 years.

Looks like the service interval has been doubled from the DQ250 !
    That would be because it isn't being contaminated with clutch material.

The design of each transmission is quite different therefore the service interval is different
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Wonder if the DQ380 has also been extended to 120,000 kms / 8 years. Placing a lot of faith in their product ...
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag
    Wonder if the DQ380 has also been extended to 120,000 kms / 8 years. Placing a lot of faith in their product ...
    Ask yourself: "Is the DQ380 a dry clutch gearbox where the clutches are separate from the DSG fluid?"

Not sure what you're asking ? 250/380/381 are all wet clutch DSGs.
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Ask yourself: "Is the DQ380 a dry clutch gearbox where the clutches are separate from the DSG fluid?"
    Indeed its still a wet clutch gearbox no way i would be stretching it to 120k

Mine is under lots of extra pressure so i will stick with the 60k service
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast