Support VWWC

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf R Wagon thread

Golf R Wagon thread

Don't think there's been a thread started yet for the golf r wagon so thought I'd start

Got a call this morning from VW saying they are taking deposits and will be a one time rease of 2-3 cars per dealership

$75k on road gets you all options Inc sunroof and leather.
    5k to secure a car

I thought it was limited but not THAT limited

Thoughts?
    2012 MY12 Octavia RS Wagon
    DSG, Black, Sunroof, Leather, HIDs, Michelin PS3.

Users Country Flag
    75K drive away you gotta be kidding me......

Superb 206 TSI wagon might be a better choice with more spaces and the same drivetrain.
    Last edited by sillyboy; 14-07-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Users Country Flag
    75K was a fully optioned R36 Wagon's price when it's new...
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    I understand it's not that bad for a fully optioned car, but it sounds like they are selling this car only with all the options(I could be wrong on this one), hence 75k or nothing.

I’ve got a 1k deposit on one and was told would only be slightly above the R hatch price. $75k is too big a jump when a loaded R can be had for low $60k drive away. I was thinking $65k max. Ill be in a S3 if they ask for that.

The only option is the pan roof.

Does sound a bit rich I agree..
    What is getting me worried is whether it is truly a one-time limited release?
    Or the sales person was just Bs'ing.
    Surely its got to be on the regular menu ?

Seems like too much work has gone into design and marketing the car for it to be a once off 2-3 per dealership (she claimed world wide is the same).
    2012 MY12 Octavia RS Wagon
    DSG, Black, Sunroof, Leather, HIDs, Michelin PS3.

Some BS going on there, limited release in Australia only first time around. There may be more depending on demand. First batch is 200 or so? Not 100% sure on this one. The car is normal release in UK etc, not limited.

I ordered mine 6 weeks ago and was No 3 in line. Most dealers have deposits for more than there allocation so likely sold out. I had a fleet buyer tell me to keep my spot in the queue as he could not guarantee me a car. Some Sydney dealers have 10 or so deposits……….

The Aus deliveries only come in 3 colour options, (Lapiz, Onyx White & Grey?).

Users Country Flag
    I've ordered mine in early May and the salesman said a fully loaded one should be around 70k. With the release of MY16 specs with vienna leather as standard, I assume the price will be around 65-67k with sunroof and assistance package. If it is around 75k then it's way too much. My fully loaded first batch R36 wagon was only 75k.

Anything over $65k and I'll go the Levorg
    2000 Audi S3 •
    |Revo Stage 2+ | Revo Select Plus| Custom 3" exhaust |
    |3" down pipe | 120cell High Flow cat | Forge Dump valve | |Wagner-tuning FMIC ||Big brake kit 355mm | coilovers |

I'm told they won't discount, limited supply means the odds are in the dealers favour. It's a rip off noting I just got a loaded R hatch for sub 60 (before the my16 announcements), surely they are not worth a $10k premium?

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast