Support VWWC

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf R Wagon thread

Users Country Flag

What's with the standard tail lights instead of the fancy pants LEDs?

Users Country Flag
    I believe it only gets darkened tail lenses (there is no wagon OEM LED assembly?)

No bad thing, the Mk7 LED tails look good off, but look pretty cheap when lit up - the Mk6 ones were a lot better.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Ordered at $66k flat drive away with all options ticked in Lapiz - only option is Panoramic sunroof.
    Late Sep dealership delivery.
    Better be as good as they say as I am selling my SQ5 for this opportunity.

Dingah

Quote Originally Posted by Dingah View Post
    Wow! That's an interesting move.... hope it lives up to the hype.

The Golf wagon should be a lot better in the corners - about 1 ton less to change direction.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Ordered at $66k flat drive away with all options ticked in Lapiz - only option is Panoramic sunroof.

Dingah
    Very interesting move indeed, I went from a MK7 Golf R to the SQ5 and haven't looked back at all. Yes the Golf was a lot more fun in the hills but I am loving the SQ5.
    Best of luck with your choice Dingah

Dingah
    Quote Originally Posted by avdo_ View Post
    Very interesting move indeed, I went from a MK7 Golf R to the SQ5 and haven't looked back at all. Yes the Golf was a lot more fun in the hills but I am loving the SQ5.
    Best of luck with your choice Dingah
    Change of priorities seems to dictate your choices here, where one is downsizing and the other is upsizing. Though, it's actually much more than that, as each of you is changing brands as well. I would like to know how the Audi customer experience compares to Volkswagen.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey1 View Post
    Change of priorities seems to dictate your choices here, where one is downsizing and the other is upsizing. Though, it's actually much more than that, as each of you is changing brands as well. I would like to know how the Audi customer experience compares to Volkswagen.
    Having purchased a new MK7R and a new Audi S3 sedan I will personally say that the Audi experience, customer service has been flawless. Every single dealership and sales person I spoke to were fantastic. The VW treatment at 2 dealerships was pathetic but when I went to Camberwell VW they were fantastic.

Both cars needed early on warranty work and both matters fixed promptly and provided car for day/night on both times.

Cross shopping at BMW and Mercedes both were terrible experiences, Mercedes was unbelievably bad and only knowledge of car or sales pitch was "do you want to own a mercedes or not." No explanation of how car works, refused to let me test drice A45 AMG and I took A250 back within 2 minutes as hated it.

BMW at Brighton were almost as rude. Salesman refused to even let us see/test drive M135i unless buying on the spot but then found out friend worked as head finance at other dealership and they couldn;t be more helpful.

So when will the wagon be here??? Do we really think Sept like some articles and some dealers have said? I think this might be optimistic. My dealer does not have confirmed DD yet.

Need to sell my skud if its Sept!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey1 View Post
    I bought a Mk6 GTI and an 8V S3 from the same dealership. Although the sales experience was pretty good both times, the Audi post-sale follow-up and dealer support has been in another league to what I got from VWA and as a VW owner at the dealership. It really does go a long way toward justifying the premium for me (although I also feel the product does that for itself).
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

MKVII, MY16 Golf R Wagon - Wolfsburg Edition, Oryx White and fully loaded.... Ordered, built and chassis number in my hot little hands. Current disposition - Awaiting International Shipping.... This baby is just about on her way... Woo-Hoo.....

Current Car: MKVI GTI, White, DSG.... Fully optioned wearing Michelin Super Sports and loving them.....

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast