Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Golf R Wagon thread

No not yet, I’m in the process of purchasing one. I re-test drove one yesterday and the road noise is not that bad, drove around in normal and comfort and it’s pretty quiet. The R I’m looking at has the pano roof which may have a bit noise but again should be fine. They are a great car to drive and the wagon just provides the extra space.

Has anyone changed their rear swaybar in their R wagon? I'd be keen to hear your experiences on what you got and the difference it makes to the driving experience. Does it make the handling twitchy due to the wagon's rear end?
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

i'm planning on doing this shortly - should improve handling without sacrificing too much comfort - which is key.

Do you find the wagon twitchy on the limit currently?

Quote Originally Posted by roh008 View Post
    i'm planning on doing this shortly - should improve handling without sacrificing too much comfort - which is key.
    Do you find the wagon twitchy on the limit currently?
    No opportunities to get it close to limit but the handling through turns so far feels "safe". Lifting off abruptly mid corner tucks in the nose slightly. Let us know how you go and what you choose.

I found getting a stiffer RSB in my Tiguan resulted in more jostling in the cabin when driving over uneven surfaces from L to R etc. If it is both wheels affected by the same road surface changes at the same time then swaybars have no effect.
    I'm worried the ride will deteriorate similarly with a stiffer RSB, I think the stock ride is my limit.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Looking around at used Golf R Wagon's and was wondering what are important things to check for. Are there many owners in the group with 100k+ km's on their vehicle that have had major issues? Any info or suggestions greatly appreciated. Torn between getting a vanilla new Mk8 or a used R.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 65F100 View Post
    Looking around at used Golf R Wagon's and was wondering what are important things to check for. Are there many owners in the group with 100k+ km's on their vehicle that have had major issues? Any info or suggestions greatly appreciated. Torn between getting a vanilla new Mk8 or a used R.
    I have 110k km.

Water pumps fail eventually- look for sweet smell in engine bay
    My boot latch died but that was a cheap fix

Just check they’ve changed oils on schedule. Awesome car
    Mk 7 R Wagon Wolfsburg. APR Stage 1. Removable towbar.

Users Country Flag
    G'Day Golf R Wagoneers!
    I've just come back around to VW Watercooled after a long hyatice!
    Last time I checked in was when I still had my SKoda RS, now I'm in a Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon. LOVING IT!

Just thought I'd introduce myself.
    NOW: MY15.5 Race Blue RS

THEN: MY10 Black Magic RS

Smile

Hi all,
    I just joined the R Wagon fam!
    I bought interstate and after receiving the car, I realised there is no cargo cover/parcel shelf (I have also checked under the boot floor where the spare wheel is).
    Anyone any idea where I can get one without going to the dealership?

Will post general pics when the weather improves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Golf R Wagon thread-20231222_101847-jpg  
    Last edited by CoffeeAndCars; 26-12-2023 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeAndCars View Post
    Hi all,
    I just joined the R Wagon fam!
    I bought interstate and after receiving the car, I realised there is no cargo cover/parcel shelf (I have also checked under the boot floor where the spare wheel is).
    Anyone any idea where I can get one without going to the dealership?
    Congrats on your choice, IMO these are an excellent all-rounder.

Have you tried any wreckers ? AFAIK the std Golf wagon covers will probably be the same as the R wagon covers. Also did you know they also come with a pull-up cargo barrier (at least my 2017 Wolfsburg R wagon did) ?
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    Congrats on your choice, IMO these are an excellent all-rounder.

Have you tried any wreckers ? AFAIK the std Golf wagon covers will probably be the same as the R wagon covers. Also did you know they also come with a pull-up cargo barrier (at least my 2017 Wolfsburg R wagon did) ?
    Thank you mate. Yeah the preference is a cover so I can take things out of view.
    After having a good search online, I think I'll pop out to a few wreckers.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast