Thread: Golf R Mk 7.5 options

Golf R Mk 7.5 options

Hello to the Golf R owners. We own a 2018 Golf GTi and I am considering a Mk 7.5 Golf R for myself, and leaving the GTi as a second car for my wife (and kids and dog to continue to trash). I am thus very familiar with the brand but am finding it hard to “value” a 2nd hand R at the moment given when new there were a few option packs on offer, while DAP seem to have been included as standard sometime in 2018. So my questions are as follows, with any help appreciated:
    - when offered as an option was DAP about $1500 ie similar pricing to the GTI in early 2018.
    - when did DAP get included in the standard spec on the R (was it about Aug 2018 onwards)?
    - what was the cost of the Dynaudio Premium Sound option on the R?
    - similarly how much was the sunroof option on the R?
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    I have a R Wolfsburg only done 29000km built June 17 but an 18 model registered Sep 17 no DAP no sunroof but it came with Dynaudio as standard it's a very good sound system I seem to remember Dynaudio was around $1500 when seperately ordered.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    As an FYI, the options on the car will have very little impact on the 2nd hand value. Condition and mileage is much more important. Oh, and manuals are worth more

Changes to standard equipment came in on MY19 models built from July 2018 onwards I believe.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 09-02-2022 at 08:50 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    As an FYI, the options on the car will have very little impact on the 2nd hand value. Condition and mileage is much more important. Oh, and manuals are worth more

Changes to standard equipment came in on MY19 models built from July 2018 onwards I believe.
    Yes, that sound like my recollections.
    I ordered a MY19 in late 2018 and by then (Oct ‘18 I think) DAP was standard, only options were paint, Dynaudio and Sunroof.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GolfRWag View Post
    Yes, that sound like my recollections.
    I ordered a MY19 in late 2018 and by then (Oct ‘18 I think) DAP was standard, only options were paint, Dynaudio and Sunroof.
    Yes, on the hatch for MY19, only DynoAudio and the Sunroof were available as options. Paint and DAP was standard.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...