Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf R Metallic Ringing Noise

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    The noise I believe you guys are having is also on the S3s - certainly based on the descriptions it is.
    Yup, I hear it loud and clear on my S3 as well. I hear it most clearly when the car is cold, but it's definitely still there when warm - you just have to listen out for it at the right revs (particularly with the window down).
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    It is also very different to the Mk6 wastegate rattle both in sound and fix (which VW eventually acknowledged and fixed for free).
    Yeah correct, I had a MK6 as well, and the sound was definitely not the same to the MK7 - nor was the fix!

Primordial thanks for your help on the other forums, pretty bloody happy with the car minus the rattle! Should have stuck to my roots and gone German from the start. "HSV - I DONT WANT ONE EVER AGAIN" HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by andrew7 View Post
    Thanks Jon for your input. Agree the aftermarket DP is the solution. I'm wrestling then with the need to tune the ECU to adjust for the aftermarket DP and consequent effect on drivetrain warranty. Unfortunately down Melbourne way there doesn't appear to be a mob such as Sydney's Hills Eurohaus offering the (comparative safety of) JB1 with DP option. Major option for me is a reputable/recommended workshop who offer the Revo Stage 2 tune and CTS DP, so think I'm about ready to pay them a visit
    Did you try fast stuff in Braeside?

Users Country Flag
    ^ not yet done Kev, still getting splinters sitting on the fence wondering whether to do it or just sell up and move on.....(hadn't heard of fast stuff, will check them out).
    Last edited by andrew7; 14-05-2016 at 09:13 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Anyone had any joy with sorting this (out of curiosity only as I have sold my R)? Any MY17's out their with the rattle? cheers

i noticed this noise in my 40th too.. especially when you are accelerating from lower gear..

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I've made a recording of the sound which you can listen to here https://youtu.be/_qJMqmYhWUI

The noise is there all the time however in the recording becomes more apparent at 8 seconds when the engine settles to idle, then again more loudly at 24 seconds as the car starts to drive away.

The recording was made outside the car however the noise is apparent on the interior at all times.

My car is coming up to 12 months old and I have to say the noise is the same if not worse, and unfortunately impossible to ignore!

Users Country Flag
    I fixed mine with a CTS downpipe. It doesn't have the stupid noisy mesh like the stock pipe. I guess you could cut the mesh off with the right tool.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bobcrusader View Post
    I fixed mine with a CTS downpipe. It doesn't have the stupid noisy mesh like the stock pipe. I guess you could cut the mesh off with the right tool.
    Thinking I may have to go down this route too...

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast