Support VWWC

Thread: Golf R 7.5 - suddenly very bumpy

Users Country Flag

Golf R 7.5 - suddenly very bumpy

Hi,

I have a 2018 Golf R 7.5, it's done 14,000KM, all of a sudden its become extremely bumpy, no matter what driving mode I'm in (comfort, race, eco etc)it's as if I'm always driving on a road with heaps of small little bumps, even if its a smooth road.

It seems to be happening at all speeds, less noticeable at higher speeds, the bigger bumps on the road also seem somewhat more noticeable (although could be placebo). I can feel the steering wheel vibrating slightly, the shift knob, center arm rest and if I look over at the empty passenger seat it is also very noticeably vibrating, my partner also agree'd that its become a lot more bumpy.

Also it feels a bit more 'jerky' when im about to come to a complete stop even when smoothly applying the brakes, I've checked the tyre pressure and that's fine

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Probably the adaptive dampers stuck in race mode or faulty. Best to get to the dealer and get them to investigate

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Has anyone recently changed the tyre pressures ?

Another possibility id the rims or tyres out of round or missing a chunk of tread or out of balance if it happened suddenly. Jack up each wheel and spin them and look for clods of dirt/mud or missing wheel weights. Start at the front as the steering wheel has been vibrating.

But I agree with Ben, most likely culprit is the DCC dampers.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

My 2 Cents worth, seized shock/ strut... from description one of the fronts

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the advice guys, I will call the dealer on Tuesday. Hopefully warranty will cover this.

How did this turn out, OP?