Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Golf Mk7 Towing/Towbar Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    I can only imagine what kind of setups they might have had.

A good rack won't have that problem.
    Maybe not but laws of physics cant be denied
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Euro Car Upgrades View Post
    Yes you can, different bar to hatch and wiring need to be done to your dash as no preparation on these.
    Is this only in regards to R variant of the wagon because it hasn't been rated for towing? Does additional wiring like this need to be done for a highline mk7.5 variant wagon? I'm very interested in one of these westfalia bars.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrced View Post
    Is this only in regards to R variant of the wagon because it hasn't been rated for towing? Does additional wiring like this need to be done for a highline mk7.5 variant wagon? I'm very interested in one of these westfalia bars.
    I've had my Mk7.5 Highline done with a Hayman Reese via a local dealer in Perth (PM for name). They mentioned they had to do the behind the dash wiring. They pulled the steering column surround apart, then put it back together incorrectly bending the plastic clips yay. Means the steering wheel rubs on the plastic now. Among other unfortunate events with this company, however, the bar and electrics work fine.

Other random notes on my install while the thread is dug up:
    -Additional electronics were placed in the boot on the left, behind the panel that the jack is in just a bit further down.
    -Reverse sensors, rear assist and blind spot detection automatically disable with a trailer attached, which is all good. Has an icon on the media center when in reverse as well. Note, you need to manually re-enable rear assist and blind spot detection after unplugging.
    -There is reduced clearance at the rear, as the wiring plug hangs low, watch those kerbs when reverse parking!
    -The towball download rating as mentioned in this thread is only 75kg, pretty low, unfortunately, when the car is rated to tow 1600kg, that download rating is a bit low if you wanted to tow that much.
    -The hitch sticks out a bit, not an issue just uuuggggglllly.
    -Pics of the setup is the same as this: Attention Required! | Cloudflare

Coding changes were done (which also produced a heap of errors, although I cleared them ok). Two errors are persistent:
    U1121 00 [009] - Missing Message
    [TSG_HFS_01 Datenbus fehlende Botschaft]

526359 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
    U1014 00 [009] - -
    [Steuergerät falsch codiert->Keine Anzeige]
    2019 Mk7.5 Golf Wagon

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by yorky View Post

Coding changes were done (which also produced a heap of errors, although I cleared them ok). Two errors are persistent:
    U1121 00 [009] - Missing Message
    [TSG_HFS_01 Datenbus fehlende Botschaft]

526359 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
    U1014 00 [009] - -
    [Steuergerät falsch codiert->Keine Anzeige]
    hmm................

Clearly something amiss with your coding changes!! These are the "normal" changes required when retrofitting a trailer module:

• Gateway module installation list: add hex 69 module
    • hex01 module: Byte 5, Bit 4=1
    • hex10 module: Byte 3, Bit 0 = 0 Bit 1=1 (Pivoting trailer hitch), Bit 0=1 Bit 1=0 (manually removable trailer hitch)
    • hex17 module: Byte 15, Bit 5=1 (trailer=yes)
    • hex69 module: program long-code as desired
    • wild cards:
      • hex03 module: IDE04774-Vehicle and trailer stabilization > activated
      • BCM: ENG122979-ENG141968-Networking-Anhaengeranschlussgeraet > installed (translation "Networking-Trailer connection device")

Given that your 526359 error is complaining about "Keine Anzeige" (no display) - maybe check the software switch on the Instrument cluster module ?

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617