Support VWWC

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Golf mk7: Integrated Remote Garage Door opener/closer

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    Hi @DV52, I just came across this guide and think I've got the gist of most of it. Could I double check with you that the new connectors that we're inserting into the wiring looms for connectors #9 and #10 are going to be connected to the garage remote switch (connected to the terminals where the original garage button sits). Thus, when we hit that new tire button, connectors #9 and #10 will close the circuit and trigger the garage opener to activate? Cheers
    @I CU2: Hi: I wrote this thread many years ago - so I had to re-check what I actually did!!

The reason why I selected the Tire-set button is because it's the only switch on the switch-bank that's entirely separated from the rest of the car's wiring loom (see the picture above - notice that pins #9 & #10 are not connected to anything inside the switch-bank).

So, the 2 x contacts on the Tire-set button are free to be used to mimic the 2 x contacts on the OPEN/CLOSE switch on the garage door fob.

As I suggest on post 1 of this thread, after you remove the "white insert" - simply connect pins #9 and #10 on the switch-bank to 2 x wires and then solder the other ends of these wires to suitable points on the 2 x OPEN/CLOSE switch contacts on the door fob.

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Thanks Don! I've just ordered the switch and the repair wires. If I've got automatic parking, then I assume switching over the white insert isn't necessary and I can just use the new button as is?

Did you notice if the fonts or images differed from the original or was it a 1:1 replica? Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    If I've got automatic parking, then I assume switching over the white insert isn't necessary and I can just use the new button as is?
    Yes

Did you notice if the fonts or images differed from the original or was it a 1:1 replica? Cheers
    hmm.... I'm not sure how discerning I am at distinguishing fonts/images - but my new switch looked the same (I think)!
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Hi @DV52,

I'm trying to do this mod this morning but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I've connected the two pins from my remote to slots #9 and #10 but when I press the tire pressure button - nothing happens?

I've troubleshooted and when I connect the pins directly together, the remote triggers. I've also checked the connection by plugging the pins directly to the switch to see if it was a contact/connection problem (outside of the car), and when I press the button it still doesn't trigger... any suggestions on why it won't work for me?

Edit: NVM - I worked out I was using the wrong pin slots hehe. It works great, thanks for the guide @DV52!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456