Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Golf mk7: Integrated Remote Garage Door opener/closer

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

^^^^^^If you put the remote in the space next to the fuse-board, you can use the remote's native battery instead of the car battery because access is relatively easy - simply drop the glove-box. Yes, a generous 1m should be long enuff,

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Thanks Don.

Waiting on the car to arrive, and then all the parts!!
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag
    Hi, I ordered a one channel Double Apex integrated garage door controller for my 7.5 R. DA emailed to say it’s not compatible with my controller so cancelled the order and refunded me. My controller is an old school Elsema FMT 201 operating at 27Mhz. Has anybody dealt with this and found a solution?
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    I sticky taped my opener to the inside of my door pocket cant be seen and falls to hand . If car is sold ever its easy to remove and not have to pull things apart.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Nice! Any particular tape?
    On a seperate note I have the 2 channel 750 S cameras and despite switching off parking mode it still continues to record and draw down my battery. I’ve done all the resets etc and I’ll contact Blackvue but thought you may have an obvious solution I hadn’t thought of.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GTD AYO View Post
    Nice! Any particular tape?
    On a seperate note I have the 2 channel 750 S cameras and despite switching off parking mode it still continues to record and draw down my battery. I’ve done all the resets etc and I’ll contact Blackvue but thought you may have an obvious solution I hadn’t thought of.
    Cheers
    Sounds like its wired to perm power and not through a Power Magic. Is it hard wired or on a Ciggy socket Bit hard to tell as you havent told me much about how they are installed

I used some 3m double sided tape i use to attach the dashcams $10.60 a roll at Bunnings

Users Country Flag
    It’s hard wired with a Power Magic Pro. The problem is it continues to record in park mode when I’ve supposedly disabled it. This also means it only records for a couple of hours before the voltage regulator cuts in. I’d rather it wasn’t recording in my garage when not meant to and record for longer in airport and supermarket car parks etc...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GTD AYO View Post
    It’s hard wired with a Power Magic Pro. The problem is it continues to record in park mode when I’ve supposedly disabled it. This also means it only records for a couple of hours before the voltage regulator cuts in. I’d rather it wasn’t recording in my garage when not meant to and record for longer in airport and supermarket car parks etc...
    If you turn the switch on the PMP off what happens. What are the settings on it at present

Users Country Flag
    My brand new Elsema 201 doesn’t work from the door pocket of the 7.5 R. The 35 year old cigarette pack sized one does. I then tried the new one on the right side wall of the 4Motion cubby in front of the gear selector without joy.
    It works and fits perfectly in the otherwise useless space in front of the USB port.
    Just in case anybody else has a similar problem...

Hi @DV52, I just came across this guide and think I've got the gist of most of it. Could I double check with you that the new connectors that we're inserting into the wiring looms for connectors #9 and #10 are going to be connected to the garage remote switch (connected to the terminals where the original garage button sits). Thus, when we hit that new tire button, connectors #9 and #10 will close the circuit and trigger the garage opener to activate? Cheers

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast