Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf mk7: Integrated Remote Garage Door opener/closer

Users Country Flag

Hmm. By my count, my comfortline should have 2 blanks per side with stop/start being center LHS and park assist bottom RHS (I dont have the car yet, gets delivered this week). 2 single doors + house alarm arm & disarm = 4 functions. Could be fun.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_No_Pro View Post
    Hmm. By my count, my comfortline should have 2 blanks per side with stop/start being center LHS and park assist bottom RHS (I dont have the car yet, gets delivered this week). 2 single doors + house alarm arm & disarm = 4 functions. Could be fun.
    Im_No_Pro (neither am I) - Hi and congratulation on your new purchase. I assume that you are referring to my fix. If I'm correct and whilst I hate being the harbinger of bad news - I'm not sure if you will have the degrees of freedom with the blank switch positions that is inferred in your post.

Here's a copy of my understanding of how the switch-set is connected in the RHS fitting of the center console (I believe that the LHS switch is similarly arranged)

Notice that except for the "Tire-set" button, each of the other switches have one end of their contacts connected together and connected to the car's earth. The reason that I selected the "Tire-set" switch for my solution was that it was the only switch with contacts that were independent of the other switch contacts and also independent of car's other wiring.

The problem with my suggested solution if you use any of the other switches is that you are interposing the car's earth point into the ciruit for the remote garage activation fob. I guess that you could be lucky for this not to be a problem if you use the fob battery, but it's a risk that can only be mitigated with a copy of a ciruit diagram of the remote garage control device (not usually available). Most definitely don't do this without a wiring diagram of the garage opener if you elect to replace the battery in the remote garage device with a power supply that is related in any way to the car's battery.

The other solution that you could try is to cut the copper track on the printed ciruit board for the switch bank (2nd last item in the picture below) that earths one end of the switch. This then isolates the switch, but you will need to find a vacant pin to connect to the now isolated switch contact

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 13-09-2017 at 10:14 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Don - you are likely right, I went reread the thread in a little more detail last night and had picked up on that as most likely being an issue. The remote is part of the alarm system, each button will be mapped to a function in the alarm panel (i.e. buttons 3 & 4 will trigger outputs which are hardwired to the door openers), the remotes supplied with the door openers are not used (or at least wont be once i'm finished with the alarm system). The remote in question would be a Bosch HCT4UL-FOB.

That being said, I ordered my OBDeleven yesterday, I think that will be keeping me amused for the time being ahead of this project. First car in 10 years that is mine, company cars have their advantages (i.e. cost nothing) but you cant play!
    Last edited by Im_No_Pro; 13-09-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_No_Pro View Post
    That being said, I ordered my OBDeleven yesterday, I think that will be keeping me amused for the time being ahead of this project. First car in 10 years that is mine, company cars have their advantages (i.e. cost nothing) but you cant play!
    Im_No_Pro: in that case you may be interested in reading THIS - the thread was started by a colleague with a suspiciously deranged, but well meaning brain - he's OK to be let out, but only if accompanied by an adult with an electric cattle prod!

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Im_No_Pro: in that case you may be interested in reading THIS - the thread was started by a colleague with a suspiciously deranged, but well meaning brain - he's OK to be let out, but only if accompanied by an adult with an electric cattle prod!

Don
    Oh im well familiar with that thread already! just need to go pinch an android device from somewhere....

Users Country Flag
    New Garage door opener from Double apex -
    Double Apex MK7 Garage Control
    Sold - CW Mk6 MY12 GTI 5 Door DSG, Sunroof, Leather, RNS510, MDI, Tints, Lakin plate holders, BT & RVC, projected 'GTI' door lights

Current - Lapiz blue mk7 Golf R DSG fully optioned.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Golf mk7: Stealth Garage Door opener - Open Sesame!

Not sure how many mk7 drivers have a remote control in their cars to open/close the garage door, I certainly have one of these units mounted on the sun visor (or it's rattling around on to centre console)

Hi Don,
    I know it has been some time since you posted this. I just finished my installation and this thread was immensely helpful and cut out a good 90% of the work.
    I purchased my Golf only 4 months ago and have spent a lot of time on various forums and every time I see a well documented post I am never surprised to find your name at the bottom.
    I just wanted to drop a message to let you know that I (and I assume many others) are very grateful that you spend the time and effort to make posts like this.

Cheers!

I was motivated by DV52's excellent post and bought the same switch from AliExpress to do the mod for my 2019 Golf R. I also got the wiring loom for a minimal extra cost, and this gave me easy access to a couple of wires ready-fitted with the pins for insertion into the connector plug.

The two switches looked identical on the outside. However, I soon realised that the switch caps were different internally and, when I fully dismantled the switches, it was obvious that NONE of the internal components were interchangeable. Since I wanted to keep two blank switch tops I couldn't now use the new switch. Fortunately the old switch had a full set of contacts inside and only lacked the suitable moveable piece that allowed the parking assist button to operate.

After some serious surgery on the fixed block under the (unused) tyre reset button I had a newly-moveable piece and it was now working perfectly. Wired up with the garage remote tucked away it's great. Many thanks to Don for his contribution.

Thinking of just getting this. It’s compatible with cars with camera and rain sensor.
    2008 MY09 Ibis White Audi S5 Manual SOLD!
    2017 MY18 Manganese Grey VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg SOLD!
    2018 MY18 Indium Grey VW Golf 110TSI Comfortline, DAP & Infotainment, Folding Mirrors!
    2023 MY23 Nevada White Cupra Formentor VZx

Quote Originally Posted by jacs View Post
    New Garage door opener from Double apex -
    Double Apex MK7 Garage Control
    Looks good, but they are sold out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast