Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Golf mk7: Auto Start/Stop disable switch - who wants to help?

I've taken a chance on this: Automatic start / stop of start / stop treasure default closermemory mode for VW Golf Sportsvan GTI RLINE|Car Switches & Relays| - AliExpress

If it works, great, if not, I'll have to sort out doing it the hard way.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

The switch finally arrived from AliExpress and I just installed it.

It has modes which I didn't look into but it seems that from just installing it it's remembering the last setting. At first I was thinking it would turn off the S/S and there was no change. I turned it off and restarted the car and it remained off.

So it looks good. I'll go out for a drive later and test it out on the road and I'll probably end up getting one for the Polo next.

I can confirm that once you turn off your S/S it will remain off with this cable installed, thus being able to turn it on should you want to.

Other than that it's set and forget. So this is a working and simple method for 2019/20 vehicles.

Users Country Flag
    RE your comment " ... Preliminary design - Timing considerations
    So, according to the wiring diagram above, all that needs to happen to automatically disable S/S every time that the ignition switch is turned-on is to design a circuit that automatically triggers when "terminal 15" is energised so that it momentarily shorts-to-earth PIN#4 on the centre console switch. Doesn't sound difficult- I hear you thinking (and you are correct in your thinking). "

I note using OBDeleven Pro under the Gateway Control Unit Module 19 in long coding under Byte 04 there is an option - 'Shut off recommendation ignition/terminal 15' and the box is 'ticked' ..... IF this is unticked will that disable the power to terminal 15 and thereby disable the stop/start function.

Thanks Laurie

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurierayr View Post

I note using OBDeleven Pro under the Gateway Control Unit Module 19 in long coding under Byte 04 there is an option - 'Shut off recommendation ignition/terminal 15' and the box is 'ticked' ..... IF this is unticked will that disable the power to terminal 15 and thereby disable the stop/start function.

Thanks Laurie
    Laurie: Hi. The choice is entirely yours as to which way to proceed; each option has its advantages and down-sides - which of course every individual will value differently. So there ain't no universally correct approach.

If you want to go the "coding" route - here's a list of the tweaks that I have recorded in my databse (taken from various sites on the web and from my posts on this forum - see here

START/STOP System deactivation

• Gateway long-code method
      Module: 19 (CAN getaway)
      Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 03 → Bit: 2
      New value: disabled
      Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 03 → Bit: 3
      New value: enabled
      Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 04 → Bit: 0
      Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 15 → Bit: 0

• Gateway adaption channel method
      Adaptation → Channel: Deactivation of start-stop function
      New value: Stop prohibition: no start request

• Gateway temperature method
      Adaptation → Channel: Start/Stopp AußentemperaturVorgabe-MaximaleTemperatur
      New value: 50
      Adaptation → Channel: Start/Stopp AußentemperaturVorgabe-MinimaleTemperatur
      New value: 50

• Gateway voltage method
      Adaptation → Channel: Start_stop_voltage_limit
      New value: 12

It doesn't matter whether you use VCDS, VCP, or OBD11 and I'm not recommending any particular method over any other option. And, I've not tried any of the options on newer MQB platform vehicles albeit I am aware that disabling SS via tweaks is problematic on these cars.

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    I have a ODB11 unit and disable Start / Stop on my Mk7R, plus a few other tweaks a couple of years ago.

My friend recently bought a 2015 Mk7 90TSI (same year and colour as mine). I added his vehicle on my phone's OBD11 app etc and I tried 3 time to disable Start / Stop and the attempts failed and I saw an error message on the display panel of his car.

I was using the shortcut/one press method.

Can anyone suggest what might be the issue?

Maybe I should do it manually, next time I see him
    eg: (Voltage Method)
    Disable engine Start / Stop functionality.

Select Control unit 19
    Adaptation
    Start Stop Limit voltage
    Value=12

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LimestoneR7 View Post
    I have a ODB11 unit and disable Start / Stop on my Mk7R, plus a few other tweaks a couple of years ago.

My friend recently bought a 2015 Mk7 90TSI (same year and colour as mine). I added his vehicle on my phone's OBD11 app etc and I tried 3 time to disable Start / Stop and the attempts failed and I saw an error message on the display panel of his car.

I was using the shortcut/one press method.

Can anyone suggest what might be the issue?

Maybe I should do it manually, next time I see him
    eg: (Voltage Method)
    Disable engine Start / Stop functionality.

Select Control unit 19
    Adaptation
    Start Stop Limit voltage
    Value=12
    Should work Does on almost everything up to the 2020 models on which altering S/S has been nobbled by VW
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    I can confirm that once you turn off your S/S it will remain off with this cable installed, thus being able to turn it on should you want to.

Other than that it's set and forget. So this is a working and simple method for 2019/20 vehicles.
    I think I found the product you got, does yours have the operating 3 modes ?

Like the idea of "Service Mode" when I take it in for a service ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Golf mk7: Auto Start/Stop disable switch - who wants to help?-screenshot-2021-02-26-110410-jpg  

Hi, yes it does have the modes but I'm fine with the set and forget option, which it defaulted to, so it's great. I don't think about stop/start.

Will have to find a video and do the Polo. Only move it around the yard and forget to press the button.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    Hi, yes it does have the modes but I'm fine with the set and forget option, which it defaulted to, so it's great. I don't think about stop/start.

Will have to find a video and do the Polo. Only move it around the yard and forget to press the button.

@genebaby thanks, that's great, the seller also does them for the T-ROC ....want the Service Mode as the T-ROC is new, well actually still on the boat, so want as stealth as possible so not to PO VW service just yet

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast