Thread: Golf GTI TCR exhaust 5G6253609ED

Users Country Flag

Golf GTI TCR exhaust 5G6253609ED

Hi all,

Planning on doing my first 1 or 2 mods soon, picking between the 7.5 TCR OEM exhaust upgrade, Golf R dynamic tail lights, the Helix subwoofer or 19” rims.

Has anyone looked into this TCR exhaust upgrade for their GTI? Keen to hear your thoughts. There is a good recent thread on one of the other forums:

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Here’s a good video from a 7sp DSG which I think has the less impressive exhaust note:

YouTube

The best prices out there are around AU$700 shipped to Oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I have all of these on my MK7 GTi I bought these locally not from the US. The exhaust is off the Clubsport which is available in AU. I also have the resonator for the Clubsport part no's Part nos are 5G6253609DD and 1K0253141AA you need the clip. Love the sound DSG fart is great. I have the Helix box but not the one in the tyre well well worth it but you need to dongle to code it (which I have) the setting for the golf was not my preffered.I also upgarded the tailights but if you are a standard GTI you will need to add a wire to the loom for the inner indicator to work.

Quote Originally Posted by bor1203 View Post
    Hi all,

Planning on doing my first 1 or 2 mods soon, picking between the 7.5 TCR OEM exhaust upgrade, Golf R dynamic tail lights, the Helix subwoofer or 19” rims.

Has anyone looked into this TCR exhaust upgrade for their GTI? Keen to hear your thoughts. There is a good recent thread on one of the other forums:

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Here’s a good video from a 7sp DSG which I think has the less impressive exhaust note:

YouTube

The best prices out there are around AU$700 shipped to Oz.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by peekay34 View Post
    Hi I have all of these on my MK7 GTi I bought these locally not from the US. The exhaust is off the Clubsport which is available in AU. I also have the resonator for the Clubsport part no's Part nos are 5G6253609DD and 1K0253141AA you need the clip. Love the sound DSG fart is great. I have the Helix box but not the one in the tyre well well worth it but you need to dongle to code it (which I have) the setting for the golf was not my preffered.I also upgarded the tailights but if you are a standard GTI you will need to add a wire to the loom for the inner indicator to work.
    Thanks I will look into the cost of the Clubsport part number bought locally. My understanding is it needs some modification to fit a 7.5 though

Only going to get the Helix box if I can manage the install myself, fortunately there are plenty of videos online

Users Country Flag
    It will need modification to fit the Mk7.5. The tailpipes are closer together (distance between the 2 tips) on the MK7 so the tips do not sit in the middle of the gaps in the valance on the MK7.5. You can have it fixed (cut and adjusted) by an exhaust shop for about $150.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks for that Sharkie.

In that case I will most likely go with the part number in the thread title.

I did read that the MY19 and onwards models will require a different clamp(?) as the pipe diameter has reduced from 65mm in earlier 7.5 models to 60mm, and the TCR still has 65mm. I’m no expert in this area but it should apparently be an easy install job for an exhaust shop.