Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf GTI TCR

Are people forgetting that the current GTI is the Performance of old, it has the R's brakes and 7spd gearbox as standard.

The TCR's brakes are only different in that the rotors are dimpled or slotted.

VW didn't give us the 6spd because it's the best and they love us, they did it for cost cutting reasons, ie, they could get away with it in our country due to lax emissions standards. Look at Europe for what the TCR should be, 7spd gearbox and more power.

Remember they said the GTI needed the 7spd when they upped it to 180kw, and now the TCR is ok with the 6spd?

Until we get stricter emissions standards here we can continue to get cut down versions of what is available elsewhere.

Sometimes that works in our favour, ie, not getting PPF in our new cars as they won't give us those engines as they don't need to.

For me, the TCR was on my radar and red is my colour of choice but with the 6spd and no electric leather seats I went for the regular GTI.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag
    I've had my TCR for about a week now and I have to say its fantastic.

I was initially looking to purchase a regular Mk7.5 GTI, but I already had a large list of mods that I wanted to fit. Buying the TCR meant that I didn't need to spend money on mods on top of the purchase price of a new vehicle, plus risk voiding my warranty.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by guitar1234 View Post
    I've had my TCR for about a week now and I have to say its fantastic.

I was initially looking to purchase a regular Mk7.5 GTI, but I already had a large list of mods that I wanted to fit. Buying the TCR meant that I didn't need to spend money on mods on top of the purchase price of a new vehicle, plus risk voiding my warranty.
    Pics? 👌

Users Country Flag
    Golf GTI TCR-img_3171-1-jpg
    Excuse the terrible quality, I haven't stopped driving this thing long enough to get a decent photo

Users Country Flag
    If you're just wanting a weekend drive and you are blind, then Civic is the pick.

Otherwise you'll probably find the TCR fits the bill nicely. Difference between it and a stock GTI is night and day and is definitely the car to buy - in fact it's definitely the pick of the final run Golfs if driving is your thing.

You will definitely be able to negotiate on the TCR, you'll just need to pick your dealer and do a bit of work.

Alternately you can save a heap and get a better looking car, with more credentials than the stickers by buying my ED40 and having plenty left over for some track day rubber, mods and other things in life.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Alternately you can save a heap and get a better looking car, with more credentials than the stickers by buying my ED40 and having plenty left over for some track day rubber, mods and other things in life.
    Plug for sale in signature if you missed it

SA EOI - 2016 GTI 40 years, white DSG

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Plug for sale in signature if you missed it

SA EOI - 2016 GTI 40 years, white DSG
    I'd never be so crass as to point to my sig..

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

The updated 2021 Civic Type R is due out for sale now, If you don't mind a manual for day to day driving I think it would be hard to beat.

2021 Honda Civic Type R Review: Still the greatest hot hatch of all? | CarGurus UK - YouTube

Still the KING of Hot Hatches - 2020 Honda Civic Type R - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gh172; 17-10-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Users Country Flag

It's a good bit of kit, but the average person cannot live with something so fugly.

Admittedly the Type R guys were working off the worst looking small car in world history, but they somehow managed to make it even worse - that's a special kind of special.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12