Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf DSG chrome surround

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by minke View Post
    Does this affect 7.5s as well? It looks the same so I'm guessing so.
    Yes I believe so
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for finding this Lucas!

So good. Have been without trim for months, and even a 50% discount from VW was still ridiculously expensive!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cplus View Post
    Thanks for finding this Lucas!

So good. Have been without trim for months, and even a 50% discount from VW was still ridiculously expensive!
    Glad to help.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

There is a recall !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Glad to help.
    Thanks Lucas! Gets better - I called Capalaba Volkswagen with the part number to see if I could get it from them. They were surprised I knew the part number. Turns out they keep them in stock because there is a recall on those at the moment! Mine is a 2015 Golf 92kw TSI and it qualified, got booked in for free this week. Not sure what the criteria is, they checked my rego. Otherwise the part is $82

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman_G View Post
    Thanks Lucas! Gets better - I called Capalaba Volkswagen with the part number to see if I could get it from them. They were surprised I knew the part number. Turns out they keep them in stock because there is a recall on those at the moment! Mine is a 2015 Golf 92kw TSI and it qualified, got booked in for free this week. Not sure what the criteria is, they checked my rego. Otherwise the part is $82
    That worked out well then. My VW dealer is so utterly useless that I would rather pay for the part out of my own pocket than deal with them. Sounds like you have a better local VW dealership than me.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman_G View Post
    I had mine replaced by the dealer as part of the recall when I had mine serviced last, pity they dripped glue on the driver's seat side bolster when they fitted it.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    I had mine replaced by the dealer as part of the recall when I had mine serviced last, pity they dripped glue on the driver's seat side bolster when they fitted it.
    Why would they even need glue? Its a clip-in part, no glue required. This is why I avoid the dealership at all costs.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Seems like a common problem for Mk7. I found one selling $50 for RHD on eBay. There are only LHD chrome trims on AliExpress.
    RHD Volkswagen VW Golf MK7 7 7.5 DSG Centre Console Gearshift Chrome Trim R GTI | eBay

Users Country Flag
    I took my 2018 7.5 R in today to the dealer to investigate a Park Assist error and they replaced mine while it was there as part of the recall - no cost obviously.
    Current ride - Golf R 7.5 DAP, Sunroof, Dynaudio, DSG

Users Country Flag

I had the silver trim cut my hand earlier this year so I took it in (7.5 Alltrack) and they replaced it under warranty, but I was bemused as I got in my car and noticed it wasn't applied properly, just popping up on the right side, but I didn't bother raising it as 2 people saw it before giving me my car back so I figured they didn't really care if they didn't do it properly. I investigated myself and noticed the plastic latches are extremely brittle anyway so it's not surprising it doesn't stay down.

Anyway, I took my car for a full service last month and they replaced it again and this time it was flush, but I stuffed it up by playing with it out of curiosity and it doesn't stay down now, silly me. I was recommended to use something like Loctite or a glue to keep it down, would that be sensible? Has anyone else resorted to that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast