Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf Alltrack

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Ok ordered a pair of paddle shifters off ebay /fingers crossed for a correct fit will post photos if they do got to wait 3 weeks for delivery now..

Ok for anyone who is interested in fitting paddle shift extenders to a alltrack or any golf with the non gti/r paddles (big difference between the 2 gti/r being much larger as stock)

I went through 4 lots of paddles before i got the right ones will post all photos and a write up next week in a separate thread but the only ones that fit and don't look crap are these ones from leyo motorsport they are not cheap but are quality they were $230 shipped from the U.S.A easy as to fit took all of 3 min and can be removed at anytime with no damage to your paddles They are not stuck on with tape its a grub screw which pushes a small bar down onto the paddle works great

Make sure you get the vw 2015+ sportline paddles not the gti/r ones

Hmm links are not working atm for me just google Leyo motorsport paddle shifters if you are interested
    Last edited by Kachingg; 06-04-2018 at 08:14 PM.
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    While my car was in for a service this week i got my mechanic to fit a new rear sway bar

Why you may ask?

Any owner of a alltrack that has pushed it around some corners or a big roundabout is familiar with the feeling of the rear end doing a wallow and quite a large shift of weight to the outside also the front wheels pushing out

It,s the usual compromise as most alltrack owners (i do not fit in the most category ) don't push their cars that hard

I do and it was a bother the new adjustable swaybar and adjustable links make a huge difference

The rear is now nice and flat and the front tucks into a corner rather than pushing wide it now feels to me like the feeling i got from my old mark 6 hatch which felt like a gocart and the alltrack felt just like a car it did not have that zippy chuckable feeling

The feeling is now back WHOOT!

It may just be a placebo feeling but to me but even in a straightish line or just a few normal bends the steering feels much sharper and more connected again take this as you want it may just be me with a silly grin on my face lol

But for anyone who thinks its a bit of a barge in corners its a good way to sharpen it up

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    With a 2017 build date i would push for mid forties i think
    I got mine early and was the 1st 7.5 alltrack registered so paid full whack to get it quick and was 50k with all options on road i know some others who waited and got another 2kish off the price
    So mid forties if you can haggle should not be a issue
    Good pick the diesel is a great strong motor with heaps of torque
    Plus you will love all the options the panoramic sunroof is great
    Adaptive cruise is so good in heavy traffic
    I love the digital dash (especially as its the r dash now thanks to obd11)
    But the best is the dynaudio system never had a better sound system
    Good luck with your purchase
    Don't forget to let us know how you get on
    Great advise Kachingg ended up getting a fully optioned 135 TDI for a fraction over $45k so I am very happy. About the only thing I find a bit strange at this stage is that there is little difference in steering weight between Sport and Normal, both are very light compared to my 7R. Even when the R is in comfort mode.
    Is there any way the weight the steering a little more.
    Thanks again.

Users Country Flag
    Nice pick up Benz - a great price. What colour did you get? Not much that can be done about the steering weight unless there some adjustment that can be tickled via VCDS or OBDeleven.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Thanks mate yes very happy, just boring white but I think it really suites the car. Must say not a great color selection around at this stage.
    yes figured VCDS or OBD11 would be the only options so I plan to talk to the local dealer and see what they can offer.

Users Country Flag
    Gratz on the new car mate its a really good drive
    Also you got a stonking good price well done

Users Country Flag
    As for steering weight i fitted 19 inch rims with sticky 235/35 rubber and weight and feel are fine for me
    Rooboy has had a drive of my car a while ago i don't know if he noticed any difference

Users Country Flag
    The wider stickier rubber did make the steering a bit meatier but I can't remember if it was a match to the Rs we drove last August.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Hi guys, I thought i posted, maybe it got deleted, dunno.

Wife is happily driving my Wolfsburg Golf R Wagon (a little too happy), so I need to buy another, but I need to be able to tow a small trailer. Can anyone help with my questions...

- is there an R variant in Golf Alltrack ?

- do all the Alltracks come with the black plastic tyre guard (I don’t know what you call it, but it’s plastic above each of the tyres).

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tinhillterror View Post
    Hi guys, I thought i posted, maybe it got deleted, dunno.

Wife is happily driving my Wolfsburg Golf R Wagon (a little too happy), so I need to buy another, but I need to be able to tow a small trailer. Can anyone help with my questions...

- is there an R variant in Golf Alltrack ?

- do all the Alltracks come with the black plastic tyre guard (I don’t know what you call it, but it’s plastic above each of the tyres).
    No there is no r model for the alltrack there is a 132kw tsi petrol 280 nm of torque between 1600 and 4500 with the 6 speed dq250

The other option (which i have) is the 135kw diesel 380nm of torque between 1700 and 3000rpm with the 7 speed dq 381 this is the model you want if your towing

Both these models will do 0 to 100 in about 7.8 sec not r level of zipping along but not to bad for what they are

I think the diesel can be tuned to about 165kw with 480nm if your after more omph

All the alltracks come with the black plastic cladding around the wheels

Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast