Support VWWC

Thread: Golf air vents always on?

Golf air vents always on?

Hi, I have a MY20 Golf R-Line, question about the driver/passenger door air vents.
    If I turn the fan on and select FEET as the only option for airflow, air still comes out of the door vents (At a reduced rate than if FACE was also selected).

is this normal behaviour?

In every other car I’ve owned, air only comes out of the face level vents if those are specifically selected from the console selector. Not sure if I have a fault or this is normal for VW/Golf.

Pretty normal man.

What I found in mine also if you have the temperature set high, say 26.5°C, even with the climate control off that warm air will still pass through the vents at a low rate.

Quite often find myself turning on the climatronic just to change the temp and turn it back off. Mk7r

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ha ha, I've been wondering this myself. I noticed it when we got the Polo and it's happening in the new Golf.

Like you I've never had a car with this much airflow up high when feet are selected.

I guess we'll have to get used to it.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Thanks gents, it seems like this is normal behaviour, albeit perhaps a little odd.