Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf 7 Navigation help "the Navigation Data in the infotainment System are not valid"

Users Country Flag

Golf 7 Navigation help "the Navigation Data in the infotainment System are not valid"

I am having issues with my Navigation and your help is greatly appreciated.

My Car details:

Volkswagen Golf 2014 1.4L TSI
    Discover Media with Navigation

I got the car with 2013 navigation database and SD Card:

PartNumber2="5G0919866A "
    PartNumber3="5E0919866A "
    PartNumber4="5F0919866A "
    ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0022"
    SystemName=" ROW 2013 "

It was working and then I updated the SD Card using discover Care software and that’s when I didn’t select backup option and never been able to get it working again.

Currently I am getting: "The Navigation Data in the infotainment System are not valid. Please check Data."

And I tried buying another SD from a used car 2014 too and has 2015 updates same issue

I managed also to get the SD loaded with 2019 maps from VW and that doesn’t load still getting same error it says starting database after few seconds getting the error below:

"The Navigation Data in the infotainment System are not valid. Please check Data."

The folder structure is Markets folder and dbinfo.txt
    I tried both ways manual way and using discover care both giving same error.

Current DB File on the SD after I updated it:

PartNumber2="5G0919866BA"
    PartNumber3="5E0051236H "
    ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0051"
    SystemName=" ROW 2019 "

Few more details about my stereo if they help:

Part Number: 5G0035846A
    Software Version: 13.15.17_H15.10.133_STDNAV_EU

Device Part Number: 5G0035846A
    Hardware: 040
    Software: 0421
    Navigation Database: (Blank)
    Media codec : N/A

I also tried restarting by holding power button for 15 seconds and had no luck same issue. Also tried different SD Slot same issue.

It sucks I didn't take backup but surely I can fix somehow with your help

I spoke to VW they told me to leave it with them for a day or to to check the issue but that's my last option for now.

Info on VW SD Card (Came with the Car):

Volkswagen Navigation AT Multi Region Map (V2)
    5G0 919 866 G
    Number on the Side: 202048

Info on VW SD Card (Bought used from another 2014):
    Volkswagen Navigation AT Multi Region Map (V2)
    5G0 919 866 G
    Number on the Side: 203017

Any questions feel free to ask.

Users Country Flag
    5GO.919.866.BB.054 ROW 2019.2020 is the latest map for Discover media

Details in text file on the card

PartNumber2="5G0919866BB"
    PartNumber3="5E0051236H "
    ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0054"
    SystemName=" ROW 2019/20 "
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for your reply
    Yes but any version I am trying same issue going to give that version another try

Users Country Flag
    I wonder if there is a problem with the downloader as another person is having identical trouble on Whirlpool Or is that you as well
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

The original Golf 7 Discover systems required a software update from the dealers to allow for map updates. Basically they need to activate MapCare for any vehicle built before week 43 in 2013. Talk to your dealer for additional details.
    Looking at your Application Software Version Number 0022 indicated that it is version V1 so you will experience this issue.
    Last edited by Flipper Dog; 02-12-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    The original Golf 7 Discover systems required a software update from the dealers to allow for map updates. Talk to your dealer for additional details.
    Your Application Software Version Number 0022 indicated that it is version V1
    Thats what I thought as well. Is there no way to update there system myself?

Have a read from post 177 - Maps and POIs for Discover Media
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Have a read from post 177 - Maps and POIs for Discover Media

thanks for your help

The original Golf 7 Discover systems required a software update from the dealers to allow for map updates. Basically they need to activate MapCare for any vehicle built before week 43 in 2013. Talk to your dealer for additional details.
    Looking at your Application Software Version Number 0022 indicated that it is version V1 so you will experience this issue.

I took the car to vw dealership and they updated it and asked them to make sure map care is enabled however after the update same issue and they advised me could be the sd card however i tried another sd card same issue

Users Country Flag

As far as I am aware free map updates are valid for 3 years, then the license in the head unit (Feature Enable Code) is no longer suitable for free updates.
    It's different in different markets.
    The FEC is compared against the maps license which is on a hidden partition on the maps sdcard (hence why you can't just use any old card to load maps onto).
    You can buy a new maps sdcard which will have a new license in it, allowing you to install new maps again.

There might however be a workaround if you have access to VCDS or OBD11...

Try this:
    Change region coding in 5F infotainment to EU
    On the maps sdcard, rename the folder under 'maps' called '22' to '00'. 22 is for RoW3 which includes Australia and NZ. 00 is Western Europe.
    So basically trying to trick the unit into thinking it has to load EU maps, but it will instead load RoW3.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast