Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf 7 Navigation help "the Navigation Data in the infotainment System are not valid"

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    As far as I am aware free map updates are valid for 3 years, then the license in the head unit (Feature Enable Code) is no longer suitable for free updates.
    It's different in different markets.
    The FEC is compared against the maps license which is on a hidden partition on the maps sdcard (hence why you can't just use any old card to load maps onto).
    You can buy a new maps sdcard which will have a new license in it, allowing you to install new maps again.

There might however be a workaround if you have access to VCDS or OBD11...

Try this:
    Change region coding in 5F infotainment to EU
    On the maps sdcard, rename the folder under 'maps' called '22' to '00'. 22 is for RoW3 which includes Australia and NZ. 00 is Western Europe.
    So basically trying to trick the unit into thinking it has to load EU maps, but it will instead load RoW3.
    is there a way to get older version of the map like car made 2014 and maps for 2015 or 16?

Users Country Flag
    Backup the contents of your sdcard before you delete it.
    I'm not aware of any repository of old maps.
    Maybe someone has a copy somewhere they haven't deleted.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

2015 & 2016 maps at Maps and POIs for Discover Media for Discover Media. I'm in the middle of testing them so unverified but the files downloaded and look ok.

Looks like my car hasn't been updated by the dealer to enable MapCare .I asked at Kloster in Newcastle, NSW a couple of months ago and they said they can't do it.
    Last edited by dontsailbackwards; 26-07-2020 at 04:04 PM.
    Mk7 WagonTDI DSG MY13

Users Country Flag
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I figured this would be better than starting yet another nav thread. I think this is the most relevant thread to resurrect.

I have a Mk7 Golf - sold as MY14, but increasingly obvious it's early MY13 (but no matter, the price was right)
    Satnav seems to be MIB1
    It has a v1 SD card
    can't update maps

One VW dealer wants to sell me a v6 card for $200
    Another claims that MapCare can't be "enabled" on the old Mk7 - it either came with it or it didn't

Anyone know of a Sydney area VW dealership that has a clue?
    MY17 Volkswagen Tiguan 162TSI Highline, DAP, Sunroof, Caribbean Blue
    MY13 Volkswagen Golf 103TSI Highline, Night Blue

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by The J Man View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I figured this would be better than starting yet another nav thread. I think this is the most relevant thread to resurrect.

I have a Mk7 Golf - sold as MY14, but increasingly obvious it's early MY13 (but no matter, the price was right)
    Satnav seems to be MIB1
    It has a v1 SD card
    can't update maps

One VW dealer wants to sell me a v6 card for $200
    Another claims that MapCare can't be "enabled" on the old Mk7 - it either came with it or it didn't

Anyone know of a Sydney area VW dealership that has a clue?
    Was a problem around that time and units required an upgrade that dealers had to do if I remember correctly. Kamold will be able to shed some light on it I bet
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

I'm just wondering if I should just "upgrade" my (presumably) MIB1 to Wireless Apple Carplay using one of those after market devices that sit between the head unit (screen) and the control unit (the one in the glove box ... or is that called the head unit?)

anyone have experience with those?
    MY17 Volkswagen Tiguan 162TSI Highline, DAP, Sunroof, Caribbean Blue
    MY13 Volkswagen Golf 103TSI Highline, Night Blue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12