Support VWWC

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitting Folding Mirrors to the Mk7 Golf

Fitting Folding Mirrors to the Mk7 Golf

Hi bought the Folding mirrors (same as sold by USP Motor Sports). Instructions are there as well.

Got from a supplier in China instead as was cheaper.... same mirrors though.

Got the correct switch for right hand drive through my local VW dealer (not available as a Australian part but can be ordered in).

I will fit tomorrow will let you know if you are interested how it goes.

Be interested to hear how you go. This has been tried before on a Tiguan and the guy ran into issues when he discovered that there was a difference between LHD/RHD mirrors. He found that he couldn't fit LHD mirrors to a RHD car as there's not enough adjustment in the mirror to sit (effectively) in the passenger seat and have them work.

Happy to be proven wrong, however I think you'll need to source RHD folding mirrors.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Yes LHD mirrors are different...sometimes come with a incorrect mirror from factory...looks ok but when your in the drivers seat you cant adjust them enough to see past the back of the car.....need to change the whole mirror mechanism...would only be ok if you are one of these drivers with seat full forward and head on the steering wheel like some old girls do!
    VOLKSWAGEN TECHNICIAN - 16 YEARS OF PAIN..
    VCDS CODING- FAULT DIAGNOSIS - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTIONS- REPAIRS
    9W2 BT KITS -$300 - 9W7 BT KITS - $450 - CANBUS UPGRADE $150
    BRISBANE / GOLD COAST

OK in relation to the mirrors. The factory glass fitted the new mirrors I received so could swap..... viewing was adequate but correct tigger could be better but it was ok ... I thought about swapping the motors from the factory mirrors and try but mirrors whilst they look the same the interface was different so could not change them over.... .....the door controllers despite coding did not work with the mirrors so I believe the door control modules must be different on our Australian models compared to other cars overseas .... will have to do some research into this. Converted back to standard for now.... nice way to spend several hours to get no where..... anyway it was a education but an expensive one.......

Users Country Flag
    Nice project and one people would love to see succeed. Sorry to hear of your troubles with it :/

It's not over will still get it to work..... looking at getting the correct mirrors and controllers.....
    VW parts this time though

I notice the manual (edition 05.2014) of our MY15 GTI on page 134 has a section titled "Folding in the exterior mirrors while parking" and in part says "If the vehicle is locked from the outside with the vehicle key or with Keyless Acccess, the exterior mirrors fold in automatically".

Since VW's own manual thinks our cars have this feature I wonder if the ACCC could help us get these fitted free of charge

Quote Originally Posted by Moonee View Post
    I notice the manual (edition 05.2014) of our MY15 GTI on page 134 has a section titled "Folding in the exterior mirrors while parking" and in part says "If the vehicle is locked from the outside with the vehicle key or with Keyless Acccess, the exterior mirrors fold in automatically".

Since VW's own manual thinks our cars have this feature I wonder if the ACCC could help us get these fitted free of charge
    I'm sure there's another paragraph which states something like not all features are available in every country/region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I'm sure there's another paragraph which states something like not all features are available in every country/region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is in both my manuals. Some only read the words they want to see.

The manuals are generic for the model. IE cant turn off the passengers airbag in my Polo but it says you can in the manual.

Disclaimer is there also.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    The manuals are generic for the model.
    Sure but you'd think say an (*) pointing out a particular item might be unavailable wouldn't be too much to ask.

Some only read the words they want to see.
    Ouch.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast