Thread: Fault Code C10AC07 for Mk7.5 R

Users Country Flag

Fault Code C10AC07 for Mk7.5 R

I bought my OBDEleven a few months ago, scanned the car and up came a steering mechanical malfunction code C10AC07, there is no warning on the cluster.
    I had the 2nd service today at Solitaire Automotive in Adelaide and they stated that there was a software update that would rectify the error and they would need the car for 1.5 hours.
    Has anyone encountered this code before and fixed it?
    Appreciate your advice.
    MK7.5 R Wolfie
    MK6 GTi - Sold
    MK5 GTi - Sold

Users Country Flag
    whoman: Hi.

Error code C10AC07 is static steering mechanical malfunction. You might be interested in reading THIS (I couldn't find a TPI specifically for your car - but I suspect that the .PDF document applies to ALL MQB platform vehicles). Check the version software in your hex16 module.

Don

PS: 1.5 hours to repair seems somewhat conservative - but it might be their minimum time
    Last edited by DV52; 02-05-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Don
    great info, appreciated it.
    i'm suprised no one else on here has encountered this on their Mk7.5's.
    the car is under warranty so i'll book it in next week and hope the upgrade fixes the issue without effecting anything else!
    will let you know how it goes.
    MK7.5 R Wolfie
    MK6 GTi - Sold
    MK5 GTi - Sold

Solitaire did the software update yesterday in 1.5 hours with no issues. Got home and rescanned the car, error message gone.
    MK7.5 R Wolfie
    MK6 GTi - Sold
    MK5 GTi - Sold

Users Country Flag
    Hi! I have exactly the same problem. Could you please check software version that are now installed in you Power Steering Assist module?
    Or pls attach screenshot with full info about your updated module. Thanks a lot!

Not sure if these are screen shots you're after? Both are using the OBD11 app, in the Control Unit menu, selecting Steering Sssistance 44. The first picture is the info screen and the second picture is the history screen.
    Check (if you live in usa): WeeklyAd2, or Aldi Catalogue.
    Fault Code C10AC07 for Mk7.5 R-screenshot_20200611-215130-jpgFault Code C10AC07 for Mk7.5 R-screenshot_20200611-215202-jpg
    Last edited by h100vw; 12-09-2020 at 02:28 AM.
    MK7.5 R Wolfie
    MK6 GTi - Sold
    MK5 GTi - Sold