View Poll Results: Did you buy an extended warranty for your MK7?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 55.56%
  • No

4 44.44%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extended Warranty - discussion and questions

Quote Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
    $1499 is what I paid for an extra 2 years factory warranty, which includes roadside assist. Make sure it is not the dealer's warranty.

If you want it, ensure you pay the amount to the dealer before registration otherwise you will miss out on the offer.
    Before registration means before they allocate the plate and let me collect on that day?
    did you got any discount for the factory warranty?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by koolfan View Post
    Before registration means before they allocate the plate and let me collect on that day?
    did you got any discount for the factory warranty?
    Yes, before they allocate the plate and you collect the vehicle. No discount on the factory warranty. I'd be surprised if you can get this, but there is no harm in trying. Just don't let them talk you into the dealer warranty as this would probably be negotiable.
    White MY17 Golf 7R with DSG and DAP.

I got one to include the extended factory warranty in the same price as another offered me without it. Definitely something they can play with, if you're talking to them about total purchase price.

Users Country Flag
    That's pretty cheap for a factory warranty - worth adding if you will be keeping it longer term. Bit of a bugger it needs to be done pre-purchase, previously it used to be only required to be done before the three years expired.

I'm no fan of aftermarket warranties aka insurance policies so would never bother with those.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Quote Originally Posted by danielb_c View Post
    I got one to include the extended factory warranty in the same price as another offered me without it. Definitely something they can play with, if you're talking to them about total purchase price.
    damn i already pay the deposit as i didnt aware i cant buy the extended warranty before the warranty run out.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by koolfan View Post
    damn i already pay the deposit as i didnt aware i cant buy the extended warranty before the warranty run out.

What you buy during the factory warranty period is Warranty "Insurance" usually underwritten by the likes of Allianz.
    Is NOT factory VW warranty extension.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Jeremism Guest
    Looks like they changed that in the past 12 mths. When I bought my R in December '14, you could only buy a dealer one (underwritten by Swann) or the Allianz one.

I've read through the terms of dealer and aftermarket 'warranties'. Not worth the paper they're written on, IMHO, as someone who works with insurance contracts on a daily basis.
    The factory one, however, did give me some level of comfort.

Jeremism Guest
    I read through the PDS of the one I purchased (Swann) and compared it to the Allianz one - it was pretty much on par (both covered up to market value), and most people seemed to have a decent result in the event of a claim too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremism View Post
    I read through the PDS of the one I purchased (Swann) and compared it to the Allianz one - it was pretty much on par (both covered up to market value), and most people seemed to have a decent result in the event of a claim too.
    It would make sense for 2 aftermarket policies to be competitive with each other.

Did you compare both with the factory warranty, the terms available on your comprehensive insurance, and your rights under consumer protection? I couldn't find anything above what's already available that persuaded me. Happy to be shown the light though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast