Support VWWC

Thread: Essential Service vs Logbook Service

Essential Service vs Logbook Service

Hello,

Is anyone able to explain the difference between the essential service/ plus and a regular logbook service? I understand the essential services only cover oil, brake fluid and cabin filter however that is generally what most services cover unless it’s a major service. Will these services still come with a logbook stamp?

Thanks

Users Country Flag

Essential Service vs Logbook Service

Can you post up a photo of where this information is written? Have you asked VW what the difference is?

Im wondering if its a lease service vs a normal logbook service. With lease servicing, they generally do the bare minimum (with my experience anyway after working at a Holden dealership about 20yrs ago).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dobby33 View Post
    Hello,

Is anyone able to explain the difference between the essential service/ plus and a regular logbook service? I understand the essential services only cover oil, brake fluid and cabin filter however that is generally what most services cover unless it’s a major service. Will these services still come with a logbook stamp?

Thanks
    Dobby33, you are correct. Volkswagen has introduced the 4Plus Care Plans and come with x2 Essential Service and x2 Essential Service Plus (Pollen Filter & Brake Fluid) services. All the info is on their website.
    All comes with a log book stamp.
    Remembering this is for vehicles that are already 4 years old, any "Major" service items that you wish to maintain over the coming years would be over and above and at your expense.
    For example (and not limited to the following), DSG Service, Haldex Service, Diesel Fuel Filter, Engine Air Filter, Spark Plugs etc.

Basically and oil and filter change and a scan. All with Genuine items and a log book stamp.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)