Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine rev limit warning and EPC error

Engine rev limit warning and EPC error

I have been getting random warnings on the dash for engine rev limit and EPC after i recently installed a new battery (AGM). The car has been driving normal whenever i got these warnings. Today for the first time the engine actually struggled to rev above 3-4rpm limit, like it was stuck in gear, and i did notice some power loss.

Has anyone experienced similar to this? Was it electronic or manifold issue for you?

I have the Mk7 2015 Golf R auto DSG.

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon134 View Post
    I have been getting random warnings on the dash for engine rev limit and EPC after i recently installed a new battery (AGM). The car has been driving normal whenever i got these warnings. Today for the first time the engine actually struggled to rev above 3-4rpm limit, like it was stuck in gear, and i did notice some power loss.

Has anyone experienced similar to this? Was it electronic or manifold issue for you?

I have the Mk7 2015 Golf R auto DSG.

Any replies are greatly appreciated.
    Did you code the new battery in as you are supposed to , or just chuck it in and hope
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Have a look to see what error codes have been recorded, that might point you towards where the cause of the problem is.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    @Simon134: Hi. "Today for the first time the engine actually struggled to rev above3-4rpm limit"? Shirley that can't be true? Is there a "K" missing -perhaps (or a factor of 100 - maybe)?

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 20-01-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Did you code the new battery in as you are supposed to , or just chuck it in and hope
    Yes, i got the mechanic who installed the AGM battery to re-scan and he supposedly updated the software? And he cleared all the errors.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    @Simon134: Hi. "Today for the first time the engine actually struggled to rev above3-4rpm limit"? Shirley that can't be true? Is there a "K" missing -perhaps (or a factor of 100 - maybe)?

Don
    Typo, yes 3000-4000rpm rev limit warning.

Users Country Flag
    Hi i got a EPC warning light today and pulled over after about 15 min of driving and restarted and revved a little and the light turned off . If i hold my foot down the car seems to only rev to around 4500 its some sort of rev limit when not in gear .
    mk 7 golf 90 tsi comfortine dsg lime stone grey

Quote Originally Posted by nomodlowkmgti View Post
    Hi i got a EPC warning light today and pulled over after about 15 min of driving and restarted and revved a little and the light turned off . If i hold my foot down the car seems to only rev to around 4500 its some sort of rev limit when not in gear .
    Normal behaviour for a modern VW.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon134 View Post
    Yes, i got the mechanic who installed the AGM battery to re-scan and he supposedly updated the software? And he cleared all the errors.
    Supposedly

Ask him if he recoded the battery as it isnt an upgrade of software

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nomodlowkmgti View Post
    Its to stop idiots redlining/over revving it when not in gear
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 05-02-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast