Support VWWC

Thread: Engine Cover Missing

Users Country Flag

Engine Cover Missing

Can anyone advise if the engine cover on the Mk 7 serves any specific purpose, or is it just decorative? I notice that mine is missing (2016 110 TSI Highline), although maybe my model never had one.
    Could only have been at a service as I have never touched it. To me it just looks like it is decorative, but not sure. I am sure replacing it would be costly and if there is no benefit, not sure worth it!
    The cover sure makes it all look much neater - not just because the photo with the cover is much better than mine on the top!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Engine Cover Missing-without-cover-jpg   Engine Cover Missing-cover-jpg  

Last edited by Netorius; 25-10-2021 at 03:22 PM.

2016 92TSI Comfortline never came with one either.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Ah. Ok, maybe it is not standard. I watched a video where they showed the bloke removing the cover and I realised my car's was missing. Maybe it was never there at all. Thanks

It never came with a 2020 110TSI R-Line MK7.5 as well, not even mention in my 90tsi wagon mk7.
    Golf Wagon MK7 (90 92TSI) - Mods: 110TSI Turbo upgrade, ECU and TCU Stage 2, Eibach Pro-Kit, Pretoria 19", GTI PP Sway bars upgrade F/R, Full GTI Tartan interior, GTI colour Cluster, R's Bi-Xenon with AFS retrofit, GTI 312mm front brake upgrade.
    More to come...

Users Country Flag

VW are the masters of making things cheaper by removing features previous gen cars had.. Like the gas lifters for the engine bay or the key to the glove box.. Main reason I wouldn't buy a car newer than 2016~
    2016 Golf R, APR Stage 1
    2010 Polo GTI 9n3, 4 Program APR Tune, PD160, White line front and rear sway bar