Thread: Emblem Reverse Camera retrofit Mk7 Comfortline

Users Country Flag

Emblem Reverse Camera retrofit Mk7 Comfortline

Hey all,

Recently picked up a Mk7 90tsi Golf Comfortline (2014)
    Vehicle appears to be pretty much stock. No satnav or anything like that, but it does have a colour touch screen.
    I'd like to add a OEM emblem reversing camera that uses the existing screen.
    I've seen a few emblem retrofit kits for sale, part 5G0827469E.

Anyone had any experience with these? Are they hard to fit? Do they need a VCDS recode or something?

Cheers!

I added one to a Mk6 some years ago -- the illustration looks very much like the same one.
    It was fiddly, but not all that difficult.
    Did need enabling via VCDS.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the advice. I appear to have the 'Composition Media' system in my Golf.

So I'll just need to get my hands on a genuine RVC and find someone with a VCDS cable in Sydney to code it.

I haven't seen the Composition Media system -- which is the cheapest one they fit.

You'll need to check whether it has the input capability for the system -- no point buying one and finding it won't work.

The vendor should be able to tell you.

I'm expecting delivery of one from China any day now (for Golf Mk6, Passat B6-8 ). Will let you know if it's rubbish or not!
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!

Quote Originally Posted by shinjukuthief View Post
    I'm expecting delivery of one from China any day now (for Golf Mk6, Passat B6-8 ). Will let you know if it's rubbish or not!
    I've had this in for a couple of months now and am really appreciating the utility. I've always struggled with the visibility around this car's backside, coming super close to collecting a bollard or two prior to having the camera, so it has made a massive difference. All up it probably cost about half the price of purchasing and getting the OEM item installed and similar to one insurance excess payment.

Emblem Reverse Camera retrofit Mk7 Comfortline-20190413-rvc-jpg

I had the guys at No Limit in South Melbourne install it and asked how it compared to the genuine VW item, they said they're indistinguishable, just more VW stickers on the 'real' thing.

I did a quick search and can't find any more on dhGate, but there seem to be a few on aliexpress.
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!