Support VWWC

Thread: Electric seat moves forward when door is opened

Users Country Flag

Electric seat moves forward when door is opened

Hi all,

I bought a secondhand Golf Alltrack 132TSI Premium last year and love it, it's a MY17. There is one thing that is bugging the heck out of me though, and I seem unable to fix it. As a taller driver, I have the seat set all the way back, but every time I unlock the car and open the driver's door, the seat moves forward approx. 2cm. I have tried everything obvious - I have a driver profile set up; I have set the key to the profile; I have tried setting the seat memory - but I seem unable to fix it.

The local VW dealer has no idea, and are saying they would need to start taking the seat apart to find the problem. Note that it is very similar to this post from a few years ago, unfortunately there didn't seem to be a resolution to the problem:

Is there a way to stop drivers seat auto adjusting when I get in / out ?

Note that I can't find anything in the menu about 'easy entry/exit seats', or anything similar. I would imagine that this would move the seat back, not forward.

Ultimately this is a minor problem, but it sure would be nice to figure out a way to stop it happening. Help!

Users Country Flag
    Look for easy entry in your MMI and in the Manual will tell you how to adjust it. In my Tiguan if I had it back past a certain point it wouldnt move and so I had to move it forward a bit then it moved back when I opened the door Wonder if the wiring is reversed by a prev owner
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    Hi all,

I bought a secondhand Golf Alltrack 132TSI Premium last year and love it, it's a MY17. There is one thing that is bugging the heck out of me though, and I seem unable to fix it. As a taller driver, I have the seat set all the way back, but every time I unlock the car and open the driver's door, the seat moves forward approx. 2cm. I have tried everything obvious - I have a driver profile set up; I have set the key to the profile; I have tried setting the seat memory - but I seem unable to fix it.

The local VW dealer has no idea, and are saying they would need to start taking the seat apart to find the problem. Note that it is very similar to this post from a few years ago, unfortunately there didn't seem to be a resolution to the problem:

Note that I can't find anything in the menu about 'easy entry/exit seats', or anything similar. I would imagine that this would move the seat back, not forward.

Ultimately this is a minor problem, but it sure would be nice to figure out a way to stop it happening. Help!
    I have a very vague recollection reading somewhere that this is something to do with memory seats. Maybe if you can switch off memory for the seat somehow it would stay where you left it. Or maybe something to do with a
    feature" called "easy Entry"; or seat needs full calibration (same as windows calibration) ?

Seat Memory Module Fault - Reset Procedure? | Club Touareg Forum
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Hillbilly, but there is no option in MMI for 'easy entry' or anything similar, I have checked several times. From searching online it seems like the feature is there but is disabled on this model. You have to buy some type of software tool to access it, but I'm not going to be bothered with that.

I would have thought this feature would move the seat back when I unlock it but maybe as it's already all the way back it moves it forward a little, in case someone is getting in the back seat. I have NFI ...

The numpties at VW Sutherland also have no idea but I'm going to take it to Wolfsburg Motors for the next service, I'll see if they can access that setting with their tools. If anyone has any other ideas, happy to hear them.

I've read several reports of issues with corrosion in the memory switch on the side of the seat, but their problems seemed different to your issue.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    Thanks Hillbilly, but there is no option in MMI for 'easy entry' or anything similar, I have checked several times. From searching online it seems like the feature is there but is disabled on this model. You have to buy some type of software tool to access it, but I'm not going to be bothered with that.

I would have thought this feature would move the seat back when I unlock it but maybe as it's already all the way back it moves it forward a little, in case someone is getting in the back seat. I have NFI ...

The numpties at VW Sutherland also have no idea but I'm going to take it to Wolfsburg Motors for the next service, I'll see if they can access that setting with their tools. If anyone has any other ideas, happy to hear them.
    Have just remebered that the second time mine played up the Service Manager said it would need a new seat base and motor for $1038.
    I said yeah right it wont be getting that. Had a think and the first time it did it the car had been sitting for a few weeks and battery was low. So solution CHARGE THE BATTERY No more problems
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 10-03-2024 at 09:33 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Unplug the seat ? That may be a permanent fix
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.