Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EBAY INTERCOOLER. whos done it ?

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    did u blow ur turbo up or u getting a bigger one?
    Going bigger. Supposed to be around 280-300kW and 800Nm but we will see as I don't believe until my bum puckers up in the seat.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinogzav View Post
    Going bigger. Supposed to be around 280-300kW and 800Nm but we will see as I don't believe until my bum puckers up in the seat.
    sounds boss let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    The IC with the piping kit was under $650 so I grabbed them together, it was worth it I figured. All I knew was that it was going to be better than stock, which will suit my application perfectly. Since purchasing I see that it does well in tests so should not be breaking a sweat in my car when it's installed.
    thats about the ebay price then.. definately chuck it on if you got a garage or some mates with one ... shouldnt be too much to do

Users Country Flag
    I'll just leave this here as something to consider when it comes to ebay intercoolers.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

cool vid. once again doesnt really prove anything as its a video for a retailer so has bias and doesnt specify which coolers in particular and they clearly state not all chinese ICs are the same.. (aaaand most ICs are made in China).

however the vid does prove that im right with bar and plate good for the drag strip and tube and fin for street and track. but u guys seem to know everything best and have all the answers in nice little packaged internet vids... so i actually have more technical knowledge on this topic than mr internet blog and retailer video meister... can you refer me which onliner retailers you purchase your retail parts from id really like to know man.

theres also basically everyone online by now saying the ICs do the job of a brand IC and noone saying it has not.. and they are being specific too...

u also did not know the specs or ur own IC or what ur even buying it for.. u just like its made for koenigsegg GTI
    Last edited by amunra; 17-06-2022 at 09:15 AM. Reason: didnt finish my post

Users Country Flag
    cool vid. once again doesnt really prove anything as its a video for a retailer so has bias and doesnt specify which coolers in particular and they clearly state not all chinese ICs are the same.. (aaaand most ICs are made in China).
    They are interviewing the most highly regarded intercooler manufacturer in Australia. Who better to ask about intercooler quality than them?Race cars all over Australia run their intercoolers & intake manifolds etc. They are of very high quality and obviously not comparable with a $300 intercooler from China.

so i actually have more technical knowledge on this topic than mr internet blog and retailer video meister...
    Im sure you do. Do you actually know who High Performance Academy are and what they do? Maybe you can teach them a thing or two.

can you refer me which onliner retailers you purchase your retail parts from id really like to know man.
    Aliexpress is the go-to place for all high quality car parts.

u also did not know the specs or ur own IC or what ur even buying it for.
    I told you various times but you only seem to read what you want. If you look at the photos you can see the inlet and outlet pipes (which is all you seem to care about) are larger than the stock intercooler. Did I measure them - no. Do I care what size they are - no. Am I going to jack my car up, remove the intercooler pipes so I can measure the inlet and outlet to satisfy a rude and disrespectful person - hell no. Get over it.

Last edited by Lucas_R; 16-06-2022 at 03:54 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    They are interviewing the most highly regarded intercooler manufacturer in Australia. Who better to ask about intercooler quality than them?Race cars all over Australia run their intercoolers & intake manifolds etc. They are of very high quality and obviously not comparable with a $300 intercooler from China.

Im sure you do. Do you actually know who High Performance Academy are and what they do? Maybe you can teach them a thing or two.

Aliexpress is the go-to place for all high quality car parts.

I told you various times but you only seem to read what you want. If you look at the photos you can see the inlet and outlet pipes (which is all you seem to care about) are larger than the stock intercooler. Did I measure them - no. Do I care what size they are - no. Am I going to jack my car up, remove the intercooler pipes so I can measure the inlet and outlet to satisfy a rude and disrespectful person - hell no. Get over it.

you can interview stephen hawking about the mysteries of physics.. if he doesnt explain anything to u then it doesnt matter.

they merely brushed over the idea of Chinese coolers being inferior.. they clearly stated not all and they didnt specifically state which one is bad.. Clearly as piece of marketing to dissuade people from saving $1500 on a unit that does a similar job and encourage people to go with a company like said Leading manufacturer in Aus.

its all just talk and hot sales statements.. u are yet to provide me with any actual factual evidence or proof or specific details or specific coolers to back up your claim that these parts are inferior to your brand name parts at 4x the price..

but keep talking Lucas.. you know everything about all parts and retail stores on this forum it seems.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234