Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBAY INTERCOOLER. whos done it ?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    Doing some research it seems the piping kit will be a good addition when all this comes together with a tune.
    are you talking about the turbo charge pipes? not sure about GTI but they are technically only useful at stage 3 for the R due to the volume of air from the big turbo (gotta be bigger than is3... the GTI charge pipe might be inferior to the R

It's this, it says it's an IC pipe kit. I won't be going for any bigger turbo, I will custom tune my IS20 with the mods and call it a day.
    EBAY INTERCOOLER. whos done it ?-mmicp-mk7-15ksl_1_6-png
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

It's this, it says it's an IC pipe kit. I won't be going for any bigger turbo, I will custom tune my IS20 with the mods and call it a day.
    EBAY INTERCOOLER. whos done it ?-mmicp-mk7-15ksl_1_6-png
    sweet u got the turbo charge pipes with it.. btw i read that article in ur link they dont show any stats with their uprated pipes vs the stock gti piping which is a shame would have been good to know for sure... actual flow tests with the R charge pipe shows upgrading is useless until stage3 turbo power... but install it anyway as u got it basically for free... u prob need the sillicon intake hose and turbo inlet elbow to go with ur new IC.... u need to pull all that **** off to get to take off your turbo charge pipe may aswell do it all at once.. should make it better even with ur stock tune.

Cool. I had no idea and just ordered it as it seemed logical, not realising you can just attach it to existing pipes.

I won't use any of it until after warranty ends, all or nothing LoL!

Cool. I had no idea and just ordered it as it seemed logical, not realising you can just attach it to existing pipes.

I won't use any of it until after warranty ends, all or nothing LoL!
    u gotta measure ur inlet and outlets on the new IC to see if it'll attach to your existing IC piping otherwise u gotta use the silicon one provided instead of the rubber... which u bought already so its good.. the solid charge pipes replaces the plastic one but thats a difference section under the intake tubing which u need to remove to access.

If i was you id install it all and run it with ur warranty.. they cant ping u for it

I saw an install video they did on the kit, looked pretty cool and seems the way to go.

It was all a bit sudden but I'm glad I jumped on it now.

It can wait as I'm still totally happy with stock performance and driveability but will appreciate the new hardware and tunes to suit, including the DSG.

I saw an install video they did on the kit, looked pretty cool and seems the way to go.

It was all a bit sudden but I'm glad I jumped on it now.

It can wait as I'm still totally happy with stock performance and driveability but will appreciate the new hardware and tunes to suit, including the DSG.
    lets us know how it goes when you install it in 3 years champ

Ha ha, will do!

Ha ha, will do!
    how much u pay all up for the charge pipes, ic tubes to go with $6xx price for the intercooler... at first thought sounded like a fake mistake sale to clear old stock... after going on the mishi site the specs show its barplate with 53mm inlet outlet and 57mm thick so the core will be thinner... so could very well be clearing old stock.. all this stuff is available on ebay for the cheaper anyway at all times

The IC with the piping kit was under $650 so I grabbed them together, it was worth it I figured. All I knew was that it was going to be better than stock, which will suit my application perfectly. Since purchasing I see that it does well in tests so should not be breaking a sweat in my car when it's installed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast