Support VWWC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBAY INTERCOOLER. whos done it ?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dinogzav View Post
    Going good. this is my third one but first V6. Just waiting for turbo to be built. Taking quite along time. Just did tyres and upgraded brakes to ready for turbo.

did u blow ur turbo up or u getting a bigger one?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    going by the amount of positive reviews from usa.. im certain its a wagner without the cast logo on it.. they send the wagner instruction with it too... so probably going to be the same performance as a 2k wagner.. score
    Post up the link if you dont mind. Id like to have a squizz and im sure other Mk7 owners may be interested.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Post up the link if you dont mind. Id like to have a squizz and im sure other Mk7 owners may be interested.
    ebay 'competition intercooler golf r ea888'

Users Country Flag

yeh thats the 70mm one without hoses... u need to buy the hoses seperately.... is the exact same spec as the current wagner one.. dimensions and 70mm inlet outlet

I got a 73mm inlet outlet version with hoses included..

If someones going 60mm inlet outlet they can use the stock hoses.

I scored a Moshimoto IC and radiator last week, along with the IC piping kit that I'm not sure I need. Price was too good not to try and now they will sit and wait for three years when the mods begin properly.

Love the car mostly standard so looking forward to the changes coming. Looking out for the other hardware I will be wanting in the meantime.

I've seen the stock IC and it really has a lot of room for improvement, which luckily is possible at many price points.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    I scored a Moshimoto IC and radiator last week, along with the IC piping kit that I'm not sure I need. Price was too good not to try and now they will sit and wait for three years when the mods begin properly.

Love the car mostly standard so looking forward to the changes coming. Looking out for the other hardware I will be wanting in the meantime.

I've seen the stock IC and it really has a lot of room for improvement, which luckily is possible at many price points.
    I heard that Mishimoto put a sale on their online store last week and stuffed up, so instead of being 30% off, it was 70% off or something like that. A heap of people had their orders cancelled, but you must have been one of the lucky ones.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post

measure the diameter of the holes on ur IC and if its bigger than 60mm ur gonna need to change them.... they are probably sillicone anyway people say its "better" not sure if it makes a diff.. but may aswell put them on if u have them

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I heard that Mishimoto put a sale on their online store last week and stuffed up, so instead of being 30% off, it was 70% off or something like that. A heap of people had their orders cancelled, but you must have been one of the lucky ones.
    sale of the century

Yes, it was the sale of the century and I was left wondering about the status of my order until it turned up unannounced last Thursday. I figured, like a few others, that I had nothing to lose by trying.

I procrastinated due to not being sure of fitment for a DSG cooler and that one seems to be getting refunded. I did place it two days later. I got in quick for the IC and Radiator as they were listed compatible with my car on the previous Friday.

Doing some research it seems the piping kit will be a good addition when all this comes together with a tune.

Hopefully this is interesting reading.

Volkswagen Golf TSI/GTI/R Intercooler 2015+ | Mishimoto Engineering Blog

Volkswagen Golf TSI/GTI/R Intercooler Pipes 2015+ | Mishimoto Engineering Blog
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast