Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EA211 Engine knock and pulling too much timing.

OK,

some updates... I got the timing belt replaced and the knock sound gone, the car is driving like never before and I can feel the power back. I got the tune back but (always a but, never is too easy), I still have some issues with timing being pulled some times and boost curve not so smooth (most of the time the car gives timing).

We just realised that the 90TSI and 103TSI have a slightly different compression rate than the 110TSI and 92TSI. The 90TSI has a compression rate of 10.5:1 and the 110TSI is 10:1. Also having a quite high air intake temperature over 40 degrees in a 10-11 degree morning.

A new tune will need to be done to see if the problem is sorted.

I'll get back when I get more news...
    Golf Wagon MK7 (90 92TSI) - Mods: 110TSI Turbo upgrade, ECU and TCU Stage 2, Eibach Pro-Kit, Pretoria 19", GTI PP Sway bars upgrade F/R, Full GTI Tartan interior, GTI colour Cluster, R's Bi-Xenon with AFS retrofit, GTI 312mm front brake upgrade.
    More to come...

Users Country Flag

Good to hear things are better after the timing belt was replaced - its must have been stretched causing the timing to be off a bit.

Re intake temps on this engine. I believe they use an intercooler thats part of the inlet manifold dont they? I dont think this can be changed or upgraded easily. You might need to look into a basic water injection setup which will cool intake temps down.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12