Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DV+ on 90TSI

Users Country Flag

DV+ on 90TSI

Purchased a Go Fast Bits DV+ a couple of days ago and wanted to DIY the install...however I've hit something of a speed bump. I can't locate the factory diverter valve in the engine bay of the Golf 7 90TSI Comfortline (GFB states that the DV+ is compatible).

Can anyone help me locate it or will I have to pay $100 for a tech to do it for me? I'll leave feedback if I do manage to get it installed
    Last edited by pyromaniaca; 30-01-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Hmmm. Could be interesting. I'm 99% sure that the new 90 TSI doesnt have one (DV). I'm pretty sure GFB know that as well.

Users Country Flag
    As far as im aware, GFB only make 2x versions of the DV+....one to suit the 2.0T engines and another to suit the 1.4 twincharge engine.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    GFB seems to indicate on their product page for the T9351 DV+ that it is 'suits' the 'VW Golf Mk7 1.4 TSI (turbo, NOT twincharged) 13-on 5G1 90kw Petrol Engine FWD Hatchback 11/12-on' (http://www.gfb.com.au/products/blow-...cations-by-gfb).

Honestly uncertain at this point though, definitely need to give them a ring ASAP. If anyone can offer some additional insight it would be much appreciated!

Users Country Flag
    The T9351 model is the same model number that i have on my Golf R and GTI. I think GFB have got some incorrect info on their website in regards to which cars it will fit.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniaca View Post
    Purchased a Go Fast Bits DV+ a couple of days ago and wanted to DIY the install...however I've hit something of a speed bump. I can't locate the factory diverter valve in the engine bay of the Golf 7 90TSI Comfortline (GFB states that the DV+ is compatible).

Can anyone help me locate it or will I have to pay $100 for a tech to do it for me? I'll leave feedback if I do manage to get it installed
    Pyromaniac: When you say "DV", are you talking about the thing that VW calls a wastegate (the same thing that some other call a "Blow-Off Valve)?. If so, here's where a pic of where the wastegate valve is on a TSI engine
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    ^ in that pic the part you want is the "turbocharger air recirculation valve".
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Pyromaniac: When you say "DV", are you talking about the thing that VW calls a wastegate (the same thing that some other call a "Blow-Off Valve)?. If so, here's where a pic of where the wastegate valve is on a TSI engine
    Thanks for the diagram DV52! I think Lucas_R is right, the relevant part is the 'turbocharger air recirculation valve', although based on that diagram it looks like the turbo may need to be removed to replace it.

I've managed to get a half decent picture of the underside of my turbo assembly - if anyone can point out where the diverter valve might be that would be fantastic.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DV+ on 90TSI-2015-01-30-15-14-49-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniaca View Post
    Thanks for the diagram DV52! I think Lucas_R is right, the relevant part is the 'turbocharger air recirculation valve', although based on that diagram it looks like the turbo may need to be removed to replace it.

I've managed to get a half decent picture of the underside of my turbo assembly - if anyone can point out where the diverter valve might be that would be fantastic.
    pyromaniac: I'm starting to believe what Guy_H said in post #2 about there not being such a thing on your car (We should always believe the sponsors - I've found that they are seldom wrong!). Here's the parts lists for the Turbo assembly on a 2L turbo and also on a 1.4L turbo. The recirculation valve ain't there on the 1.4lt engine. I've also checked the 1.2lt turbo engine and it's also not there

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DV+ on 90TSI-tcm-jpg  
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

DV52: really appreciate your help! Looks like I'm out of luck on the DV+. I've had an email thread with one of GFB's reps and their last reply was 'We have heard there is not a diverter valve in these cars at all. We have not seen this but recently been advised'. Looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to refund from GFB (considering they made a representation that it would fit on their site) and request that they amend their compatibility list.

If all else fails, I'll be selling the DV+ on this forum, so keep your eyes peeled
    Last edited by pyromaniaca; 31-01-2015 at 11:31 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast