Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreaded DSG Gear Change noise.

Users Country Flag

Dreaded DSG Gear Change noise.

Started noticing the dreaded DSG Gear change noise yesterday. grinding sound.

Warranty ended on 7th October 2018. 26k km's on car. I can kick myself for buying a VW.

Spoke to VW today and they said VW may still cover some of the costs to repair, however I never did the 25k service at dealer so chances are slim.

so, any ideas what I am up for if I need to get it repaired out of warranty? Obviously try and avoid using the dealer.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 65F100 View Post

Warranty ended on 7th October 2018. 26k km's on car. I can kick myself for buying a VW.

Spoke to VW today and they said VW may still cover some of the costs to repair, however I never did the 25k service at dealer so chances are slim.

so, any ideas what I am up for if I need to get it repaired out of warranty? Obviously try and avoid using the dealer.
    What model , motor etc
    GTI clubsport/edition 40 manual white 2016

Mercedes Benz A200 AMG pack red 2016

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 65F100 View Post

What 25k Services are at 15k intervals
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    What 25k Services are at 15k intervals
    I assume he is going off time rather than km's seeing the car has low kms for a 3yr old car.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

It does not matter where it was serviced if it was done on time and you have receipts then you have complied with the warranty terms and conditions.
    You are only about 2 months out of warranty on a car that has done not far off half the typical mileage for a 3 year old car. I would be pushing hard for some sort of good will from VW particularly if this is a big ticket repair bill.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Model is a 2015 TSi.

Going to dealer next week. Fingers crossed VW will come to party, but preparing for the worst. Bought the car 4 months ago.

Users Country Flag
    In my opinion VWA should cover the whole repair under good will as the car is just out of warranty and with such low Kms, especially if it is the 7 speed dry clutch. They were a problem at one stage although I can’t remember what the characteristic problem was.
    You need to be very strong with them and not take no for an answer!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Benz View Post
    In my opinion VWA should cover the whole repair under good will as the car is just out of warranty and with such low Kms, especially if it is the 7 speed dry clutch. They were a problem at one stage although I can’t remember what the characteristic problem was.
    You need to be very strong with them and not take no for an answer!
    Yes, from what I have researched it is common to the issues that was around at one stage. I think there was an update in mid 2015 and my vehicle build date was Feb 2015. Just what I have read on interwebs.
    Not sure if I will have much ground to stand on if they refuse to repair it, but I won't give up without a fight.

Users Country Flag
    This post in the MK6 forum might make you feel better...5 yr old mechatronics, fully covered.

MK6 Golf Mechatronics Failure - Warranty?

Users Country Flag

Great find Valvster that should help although hopefully if you talk to VWA directly, if the dealer won't help, they will willingly fix it at no cost. You can also argue "not fit for purpose" under consumer laws etc if they don't.
    Good luck and please keep us informed of the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Valvster View Post
    This post in the MK6 forum might make you feel better...5 yr old mechatronics, fully covered.

MK6 Golf Mechatronics Failure - Warranty?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast