Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DRAGY TIMES Thread MK7 - MK7.5 R, GTI

Users Country Flag

DRAGY TIMES Thread MK7 - MK7.5 R, GTI

Hello Watercoolers & Dragys

Seeing as i've ordered myself a DRAGY GPS TIMER to do some testing I would like to celebrate by starting a thread.

- If you own or are have used a DRAGY TIMER and have screen shots -

Feel free to post what flash / brand you are currently using MAP STAGE / TUNER / BOX ( APR ? CUSTOM? JB4?) and supporting mods & tyres you have installed and leave a screen shots of your DRAGY TIME here.

Please dont feel left out if you are not GOLF R mk7 - mk7.5 but please specify what MQB car you're running ( PASSAT 206? SKODA? GTI? TIGUAN ? e.t.c) and what tune / mods you have.

Go

Following, out of interest

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I will get the ball rolling and post a Tester / UNOFFICIAL 'certified' best time of 4.8something sec 0 - 60MPH (JB4 MAP 0) time, upgraded turbo inlet, upgraded 3" intake / inlet piping, pennypincher intake snowgrate mod, slightly greasy and cold road and probably over-pressured tyres ( 40psi cold. I like em Firm)

I had to test a few things at once as i'm New to Dragy & New to JB4 , also did not have the DRAGY mounted on top of the dashboard facing the sky like recommended in the instructions, had it in the centre control cup holder facing upwards towards the sunroof.

I was finding I had significant wheelhop on some launches (JB4 map 2 & 3) and recorded some very poor times and best one was a little bit slower (4.88sec) than my MAP 0 time so am waiting for my dogbone insert before posting OFFICIAL times.

Just did a run yesterday satge 2 250wkw 4.27 sec surface wasnt great either.
    Gemini (Killed), Daihatsu Charade Sold, Peugeot 306 Convertible Sold , Peugeot 306 GTI 6 Sold
    Ford FIesta Sold, Evo 7 Sold , Evo 8MR Sold , Megane 250 RS Sold
    MK7R Lapiz Blue Sold
    MK7R White Current

Quote Originally Posted by lenny555 View Post
    Just did a run yesterday satge 2 250wkw 4.27 sec surface wasnt great either.
    what mods u got?

all of them plus HPA OEM + turbo
    Gemini (Killed), Daihatsu Charade Sold, Peugeot 306 Convertible Sold , Peugeot 306 GTI 6 Sold
    MK7R Lapiz Blue Sold
    MK7R White Current

this is a really fun forum... not

DRAGY TIMES Thread MK7 - MK7.5  R, GTI-screenshot_20210830-162147_dragy-jpg

My time
    MK7R Lapiz Blue Sold
    MK7R White Current

nice work. going from youtube vids.. theres guys claiming 4.2 second just with a jb4 and nothing else.. i managed a 4.8 sec with complete stock.

if you have stage 2 with supporting mods surely you can go faster im seeing times online of 3.7sec for stage 2 and -3.5 for stage 3... do you have a dogbone mount insert for your launch control?? when I did my launch control attempts with the jb4 maps i found it was donking very hard off the start and have read the dogbone mount insert fixes that... only $20 - 30 off ebay or $90 for the arm combo with it too... i bought one but am yet to install because I have 2x cooked spark plug orings in the cylinders im still yet to fish out.. once ive done that I will install the dogbone mount insert and then take new times.

also can you list what mods you have instead of " All of them" not sure exactly what that is...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast